• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Grinding/scraping noise when decelerating in gear??

Hi, I have owned my EP3 for about 2 months now and I have noticed a slight grinding noise when the car is in gear under deceleration. The noise disappears when I put my foot on the clutch or when I accelerate. I think it could be the clutch release bearing but I'm not 100%, Is this a common thing with these cars and if so is it something I need to address straight away? Or is it something completely different?
Thanks, Steve

When you press the clutch pedal down and you hear the sound, can you describe the sound as 'really quick tapping as if someone is tapping the button on a playstation controller really quickly'? If it does sound like that, it most likely is the release bearing.

However your handbrake may need adjusting. My mate came to me with a similar problem on his accord, turned out the handbrake needed fixing.

Not very useful advice from me sorry, but I hope it helps. Good luck

Just noticed the same thing on my 07 FN2. When I put it into second gear and let the car decelerate you can hear a scraping/grinding noise!

Have you got a after market exhaust?
mine does this and its the exhaust not been put on just right.
Blows really bad but im taking it off tomorrow to change the gasket and re adjust on the hangers

Back