• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppe M and Spoon Catback...

Right guys,

Soon I will be purchasing a spoon cat-back (b pipe and n1) from a friend of mine. I already have a gruppe M which I am pleased with...

2 Questions:

1. What is the spoon like for everyday driving?

I've heard some people can't bare how loud it is and some have removed it in a few weeks! I've watched a few vids on youtube and it doesn't seem too loud providing you don't "tec" it everywhere.... I had an exhaust system on my old car and don't mind a bit of noise but nothing too excessive!

2. What gains am I looking @?

This is more in regards to power - obviously there will be more noise but what kinda power should I be running with both the Gruppe M and the Spoon Catback...? (not expecting anything major...)

Thanks in advance!! :)

Right guys,
2 Questions:

1. What is the spoon like for everyday driving?

I've heard some people can't bare how loud it is and some have removed it in a few weeks! I've watched a few vids on youtube and it doesn't seem too loud providing you don't "tec" it everywhere.... I had an exhaust system on my old car and don't mind a bit of noise but nothing too excessive!

It's obviously a lot louder over stock, but I find it fine for the daily drive. Talking to passengers isn't too much a problem either.

2. What gains am I looking @?

This is more in regards to power - obviously there will be more noise but what kinda power should I be running with both the Gruppe M and the Spoon Catback...? (not expecting anything major...)

Thanks in advance!! :)

Gains won't anything mind blowing as it's a N/A Car after all, so expect to see 10bhp gains tops without a remap. That's being generous too.

the spoon catback is fine for everyday driving. i'm running mine with a mani also, i've heard louder. like Jermal said you won't see much in gains untill remapped.

Thanks guys,

I just don't want to buy an exhaust system which is too loud!!! a little loud is ok though!

Will let you know how it goes!

The only reported issues with the Spoon N1 is that its loud and droney on teh motorway, from what I have heard.

Its loud loud with a header though.

Saying that though Jermal drives around with one on his DC5 and says its fine.

You have gone for a loud exhaust though.

I've got the Gruppe M and Spoon N1 and B-pipe on my Milano 30th. I don't find it too bad on the motorway, it's noisy when you start the car from cold but it doesn't bother me on the motorway.

Ahh great i just bought an N1 and drive 75 miles a day on the motorway!

Back