• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Gruppe M intake and Gruppe N ECU

Alright folks,

was thinking of doing some modifications to my FN2, so i was considering the Gruppe M intake and Gruppe N ECU, a few questions however:

Is the Gruppe M intake really worth the steep asking price, what gains would i expect to get and is not tricky to install? (Some other good intake opinons would help aswell ;))

Is the Group N ECU a beter option than Hondata Flashpro?

Finally what would i better fitting first, the intake or the ECU beacause to install both at the same time is close to 1k so i might just buy one and wait a while then get the other, wish i could get both right enough :D

Any comments would appreciated folks ;)

Cheers, Del

Alright folks,

was thinking of doing some modifications to my FN2, so i was considering the Gruppe M intake and Gruppe N ECU, a few questions however:

Is the Gruppe M intake really worth the steep asking price, what gains would i expect to get and is not tricky to install? (Some other good intake opinons would help aswell ;))

Whether it's worth it or not for the ££££'s is moot, because it is expensive - but it is the best available, no exception.

There are alternatives offered by other companies - but some suffer from heatsoak (HKS), or a bugger to install because of where it actually goes in the engine bay - somewhere toward the the front bumper/near the passenger wheel IIRC (CPL/Injen spring to mind).

The Injen intake is cheaper - and offers good gains without any losses and is a good alternative to the Gruppe M, as per a test conducted by TDi North - but the GruppeM is still accepted as the best.

Is the Group N ECU a beter option than Hondata Flashpro?

It depends on what you want from the ECU. I understand that the Flashpro is mappable and cheaper than the Group N ECU. And I think Flashpro also comes with the Group N calibration too - the advantages of the Flashpro is that you can modify the car whislt still using a base map, then fine tune it to ensure the car is getting the best out of the mods you are adding to it.

In the case of the Group N - it is a standard/stock map (Simply plug and play, in place of the stock ECU) - it lowers the cam crossover to 3,800rpm - so that VTEC is more accessible, and pushes the rev limiter upto 8,600rpm. This is not re-mappable

I think an aftermarket immobiliser is required with the Group N (not sure about Flashpro) as it becomes disabled.

Finally what would i better fitting first, the intake or the ECU beacause to install both at the same time is close to 1k so i might just buy one and wait a while then get the other, wish i could get both right enough :D

It's upto you - like I said, Flashpro is mappable. So that can be mapped specifically to your car - irrespective of the mods you have on it.

An intake offers good gains and noise - I'd probably go for the ECU though, if it were me.

And then slowly add other mods down the line, like a header, exhaust, etc. etc. then get the car mapped with the mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back