• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

gruppe m or ARC

Im looking to buy a new intake system, at the moment ive got an AEM V2 induction kit. I know there not the best but at the time it was cheap enough not to buy.
Im stuck between a GRUPPE M or an ARC... does anybody have any stats on both, whats the beeter one, where can i buy them from and how much for...??

I'm going to get shot down by G. for saying this, however i think on the road, you'd see better gains from the GruppeM given the way it feeds its air etc.

However, im a massive fan of the ARC kit, and would personally opt for an ARC over a GruppeM. However you'd be looking for pay more for an ARC Kit + Hard Intake pipe (optional) than the GruppeM.

Barry @ Vtec direct is your best bet for the ARC Kit i think, failing that TDI North have just fitted one to someones car on here. The GruppeM again can be sourced from Barry @ Vtec direct (Although, keep your eye out in classifieds as they often crop up for sale second hand).

Im running a GruppeM, and am thinking about changing for an ARC Kit. 8) The ARC kit seems superb in terms of build quality, fitment etc. Where as the GruppeM Can rattle abit sometimes.

I'm going to get shot down by G. for saying this, however i think on the road, you'd see better gains from the GruppeM given the way it feeds its air etc.

Im running a GruppeM, and am thinking about changing for an ARC Kit. 8) The ARC kit seems superb in terms of build quality, fitment etc. Where as the GruppeM Can rattle abit sometimes.

Rich - Why would he buy something that give less gains for more money??? :confused:
My old Gruppe M fitted perfectly with no rattles @ all after a play.

Gruppe M for my money

I too use a modified scuttle. I've since fitted solid bushings to the GruppeM instead of the stock rubber ones which counteracted most of the rattles.

Like i said, the GruppeM will give you best gains for your money. However, out of personal preference, i love the build quality of the ARC kit. It looks superb, sounds superb and is constructed superbly.

At the end of the day, the difference in gains will be minimal. Upto you which one you prefer.

Well I have not had a GruppM so cannot directly compare. However I am willing to bet if I swapped my ARC over I would not notice the difference. The ARC is better than my old AEM without a doubt. It should not work as well as it does; at least going my my limited understanding, But it works and works bloody well. It is easy to fit and get to to clean and I think the quality is on a different level to the GruppM.

Either way, whichever you go for you wont be disappointed.

so then mate what did you buy??

gruppe m or ARC........................

Im asking because im interested and because i cant make my mind up neither :lol:

ive made my mind up to buy the gruppe m but havent yet bought one because im still looking for a good conditioned second hand one rather than paying the £500-£600 for a new one.

so then mate what did you buy??

gruppe m or ARC........................

Im asking because im interested and because i cant make my mind up neither :lol:

yeh ive heard more about gruppe m than ARC's but still unsure, ive seen 2/3 gruppe m's on here for sale but youve got to be QUICK :lol:

yeh ive heard more about gruppe m than ARC's but still unsure, ive seen 2/3 gruppe m's on here for sale but youve got to be QUICK :lol:

yeah i know, thers one on ebay now with the original gruppe m scuttle pannel and a modified one going for £460+.. might aswell fork out the rest for a new one at that price though i think.

Back