• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppe M vs Tegiwa Induction kit

Hi, I've been meaning for the past 6 months to bite the bullet and buy an induction kit, now is the time! I can't take my eye off the Gruppe M, looks and overall gains seem to top them all. The only draw back is the cost which seems to range between £600- 800 on several sites but hey the CTR is worth it. I have also noticed the Tegiwa replica which again in terms of looks is a nice kit. I'm not sure of the overall gains with the Tegiwa however its half the cost of the Gruppe M. Savings would then go towards an exhaust. - (need to read up on them as don't want one that's to loud, just sounds good and provides good gains)

Thoughts please - I'm new to mods so looking for recommendations on kit and suppliers.

Cheers

I would have thought the gains would be basically the same, as the Tegiwa looks identical to the Gruppe M. I think the filters they use in the Tegiwa box are the same as the Gruppe M as well. I know what i'd do.

hi mate itg maxogen is a nice induction kit if you dont want one thats too loud i recently fitted one of these to my ep3 they cost around 390 brand new and doesnt require any scuttle panel cutting so its very easy to fit

This thread has been raised loads of times, take a look through this section and you will see :smt023

I've handled both. Only difference I can see is the carbon weave and lack of badge. Filters are identical. Tegiwa I would say even gives a better noise but both in the same ball park. Go for the Tegiwa, save some Dollar and just learn to brush off the snobbery comments you get from the others. :lol:

Yeah think I might just go for the Tegiwa. There are clear savings in cost and from what I'm reading not to much difference in gains. I also read people going on about buying a 2nd hand Gruppe but can I find someone selling one...no!

The price of a new Gruppe M is obscene so I opted for a Tegiwa Airbox which is essentially the same bar the carbon weave and price tag.
Looks great under the engine bay and makes a great sound, people do slate Tegiwa because they are copies but not everybody can afford a Gruppe M or justify spending £500 more for essentially the same airbox.

I was thinking about getting the Tegiwa, was put off by the haters a little though. no smoke without fire and all that...

I was thinking about getting the Tegiwa, was put off by the haters a little though. no smoke without fire and all that...

Why? What would go wrong? Just buy whatever you want and don't give a f**k about someone's opinion on the internet.

Yes I've just been reading posts about people slagging off Tegiwa as they have copied Gruppe M, I say well done, clearly a market. I'm in the position were I can afford either but I won't buy a product that is nearly double the price and has no massive gains over its replica competitor. Money saved can and will go towards other mods.

I slagged Tegiwa off something rotten because I had a Gruppe M. I've now sold it for a lot more than what the Tegiwa is brand new.

Now I'm financially better off, I'm sitting on the fence.

Actually, I don't give a hoot.

I slagged Tegiwa off something rotten because I had a Gruppe M. I've now sold it for a lot more than what the Tegiwa is brand new.

Now I'm financially better off, I'm sitting on the fence.

Actually, I don't give a hoot.

If you sell the fence as well you would be even more well endowed in the financial department!

Back