• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GruppeM noise?

Just before vtec cuts in i get a resonating sort of rattle noise??? hard to describe, coming from gruppeM. Ive removed manifold cover and plug cover to eliminate, im using a modded scuttle and the scoop is well sealed and fixed down.

Am i trying to eliminate a noise that is just normal of the gruppeM or has anyone got any ideas???

yeah just finding it annoying as i got the one they supply to look pretty good but made the original fit (and look better) to still have the noise???

Have a good look round mate, make sure its not rattling on the bonnet, you can usually tell as it will dull the laquer slightly if its been catching, also make sure the heatshield isn't catching anything. My DC5 one was a pain in comparison to the one I had on the CTR, I had to apply single sided foam tape to loads of bits to stop rattling, also had to grease the big joint as when the engine moved this squeaked. :lol:

yeah the neck is boxed in by foam and is held between the bonnet and scuttle, i would of sound deadened the heat shield but couldnt find any knocking around so i will get some an do it, cheers.

Have a good look round mate, make sure its not rattling on the bonnet, you can usually tell as it will dull the laquer slightly if its been catching

Glad you pointed that out, I've noticed some scuffing on the left side of the funnel part. Could be that rubbing against the bonnet? But I didn't think the bonnet could touch that part? :confused:

Glad you pointed that out, I've noticed some scuffing on the left side of the funnel part. Could be that rubbing against the bonnet? But I didn't think the bonnet could touch that part? :confused:

Yeah, just get some sticky back draft excluder or similar and put a few runs along the bonnet where it could possibly touch, sorted!!

Had a good look at it today and the heat shield was indeed just catching the bulk head under the scuttle, it looks no where near it but there was a witness mark that proved it was catching..........

Took some pics of what i found and did to rectify, thanks for all your help in sorting this
icon_biggrin.gif

This is the heat shield in the bay with the GruppeM body removed
DSC00104.jpg

This corner was just catching the bulk head on hard acceleration
DSC00103.jpg

I removed the heat shield and this is what it looked like before......
DSC00105.jpg

Then I cut a section off it so there is no chance of it catching again.....
DSC00106.jpg

I also put a piece of sponge adhesive strip in between the left bracket and the heat shield just in case this vibrates then put some foam strip all along the scuttle contact area, and also on the bonnet edge, looks a little messy but ill get some black stuff and re-do it later.....

DSC00107.jpg

All done and dusted, cheers once more for all ur help!!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC00109.jpg

Glad you got it sorted mate, this is an pic of my old GruppeM, I had some foam tape on the right hand side to stop it scuffing.

DSC01295.jpg

Back