• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppem with Hard tune...

Hey there ...

SETUP :

forged wiseco pistons 11.7cr
IPS K2 cams
2.75'' chrome mid pipe
3'' HKS Carbon-Ti muffler
DC Sports Ceramic Race headers
Buddy club racing spec condenser

and I just purchased my Gruppem this week ...

I'm wondering will this induction kit be as good as the AEM CAI ? Or better?

My friend who owns a type-r too claims that AEM CAI is better for this setup and I totally disagree :)

What is your opinion about that ?

I made some searches but end up with nothing :)

Thanks for the answers...

I think you'd find better gains with the GruppeM tbh. However might not show it on the dyno, depends how good the air feed is

The Gruppe won`t suck up water from the road so in that respect it is better. If you can live with the noise that is. Personally, I sold it because of the noise

The Gruppe won`t suck up water from the road so in that respect it is better. If you can live with the noise that is. Personally, I sold it because of the noise

The noise is the best thing about it.
Real world gains are the best with the GruppeM

Hang on, have you got a LHD car? If so, then I'm 90% sure that the Gruppe M won't fit.

Didn't realise it was side specific :confused:

Surely it doesn't matter what side drive the car is, unless your thinking it will catch on the ac or something?

Didn't realise it was side specific :confused:

Surely it doesn't matter what side drive the car is, unless your thinking it will catch on the ac or something?

Yes they were designed for the JDM, IIRC the scoop fouls the wiper blade on LHD CTRs.

Yep it's LHD but we bought another one and fitted it just fine :)

Also another question , where can i get a silicone hose instead of the OEM one? For the GruppeM?

grnt096zm3.jpg

This is a LHD Type-R from Turkey :)

Thanks for the link dotty...

Was your mid pipe a custom made job? Also whats the noise levels like? Looking at going down a 2.75 or 3 inch route very soon.

(on the rolling road)
we did abit of research and the CAI give the best gains, better than the gruppeM, 2-3bhp more, however as said about you run the risk of puddle sucking. I know i'd rather be 2hp down and keep my engine safe.
Itg Maxogen also gave the same results as GruppeM.

(on the rolling road)
we did abit of research and the CAI give the best gains, better than the gruppeM, 2-3bhp more, however as said about you run the risk of puddle sucking. I know i'd rather be 2hp down and keep my engine safe.
Itg Maxogen also gave the same results as GruppeM.

The AEM was sticking out of the bonnet.

Back