• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gumbar's Body Shop fresh EP3 :)

Hey guys, been on here a while and thought i would get some pictures of the Civic up!

So it all started when i finaly got bored of being a noisy little ricer in my strangely quick Z6 EJ9, brilliant fun car and all but it was time to grow up!

cilla-2.jpg

cillafront.jpg

So after a year and abit of driving about in a 306 TD saving my pennies i was lucky enough to come across my first attempt at an EP3 at a VERY good cost!

pretty stock bar the eibach lowering springs, AEM intake and exhaust system, just re sprayed custom silver...

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0216.jpg

Was dead chuffed with myself, had all the plans to change parts (i removed the mud flaps instantly after that pic BTW!) and K pro blah blah blah, when just 3 weeks after picking her up, on the way home on my birthday, some idiotic old man decided to take a turning directly infront of me at about 10ft, i hit the van and due to my driving and tryin to avoid other vehicles (which i succesfuly did!) i also hit a total of 7 trees! OUCH!

tsb1.jpg

After a few months of sellling parts from my smashed up EP3 and the pay out for the car i managed to form more funding and on the last day of Feb this year i picked up my new EP3

2003 (53 plate)
Satin silver

How i collected her....

car6.jpg

car5.jpg

So after a few months, heres how she stands now...

Some silly lady decided to hit it whilst i was parked so i had the front end re-done with a mugen lip and grill and the front bumper smoothed :)

EP31.jpg

I have yet to change the rear (although i no longer have a "JB" car sales number plate lol!)

EP32.jpg

As you can see the wheels are now bronze and i wound the coilovers down after getting the arches rolled (wider wheels scrubbed!)

EP33.jpg

The money shot :p

aircon has been removed since and the picture was an old one before i changed the front end and stuck the ally rad on :)
Ep36.jpg

My seats, Recaro's from a Renault megane R26 turbo! very similar to that of DC5 seats!
With Luke harnesses, they look abnormaly thin in this picture! but i assure you they are abit hencher than they appear in the photo lol
Also as you can see it is stripped to :)

EP34.jpg

The spec is...

Engine

Tegiwank "gruppe M" replica intake
RBC Intake manifold
DC sports Exhaust manifold/DeCat
DC sports exhaust system
DC5 Wideband
Hondata K Pro management - Tuned and Dyno'd at TDi south at 214.9 @ wheel horse power (240-250bhp)
Removed Air con
JapSpeed alloy rad
HKS rad cap
mugen oil cap (not on pic)
Black crinkle paint cam cover

Suspension and handling

Miester R coilovers
Chargespeed camber adjuster (rear)
E-tech front upper tie bar
stripped interior
225/45/17 (soon to be AD08's)
OZ super lagera light weight wheels
Rare rims black lug nuts

Brakes

MTec grooved disc's
Stoptech brake pads
HEL braided Brake lines
Motul RPF fluid
Stock replacement rear discs
mintex rear stock replacement pads

Appearance

De-dented
mugen grill
mugen style front lip
smoother front bumper
de-badged

Inside

Renault megane R26 Recaro seats and custom rails
Luke 3-point harnesses
Song Bluetooth head unit
Rockford Fosgate (i think that how you spell it) front speaker/components (as rear removed with interior)

Plans...well...where to start...

This winter 1.5 way LSD most likely M factory!
Mugen spoiler and replikit rear defuser to finish the looks off (not realy top of the priority list)
Also this winter replacing my Anti-roll bars for JDM ones as the drop links are shagged so now seems the time to do it!

Next year im currently looking at sending the intake manifold and throttle off to maxbore for porting,running cams, most likely to be drag cartell DIC cams! and also then changing my intake for a long arm 3'' and maybe running a k-tuned or even possibly a custom header onto a 3'' exhaust system and a re-map!
With any luck that should make me another 50ish wheel horse power, but then theres always that odd chance of a jackson...shall just waint and see i guess! ;)

Thoughts welcomed! sorry if i have rambled on abit!

also sorry if my splling is appauling, i have hench/fat fingures and tend to mash the keys rather than push them!

cheers

Gumbar

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice mate love the satin silver wouldnt change mine for the world lol. I know this isn't to everyones taste but am thinking about getting black roof black wing mirrors not sure yet.

I love they wheels been thinking about getting a set of them but wasn't sure how they would look but they look amazing i just don't know if i could change from my oem black wheels.

Very nice spec list aswell.

I think the OEM wheels in black on silver look sweet, i liked mine on my first one!

Satin silver ftw :)

I contemplated the idea of the black roof on my old one and wing mirros tbh, think it looks good but now i dont have black wheels it would just look odd haha

cheers dude :)

I think the OEM wheels in black on silver look sweet, i liked mine on my first one!

Satin silver ftw :)

I contemplated the idea of the black roof on my old one and wing mirros tbh, think it looks good but now i dont have black wheels it would just look odd haha

cheers dude :)

Very cool cars bud, I have the same colour.

looks really nice, where did you get the mugen grill? i assume its a rep? was looking to order mine soon

jay

Cheers dude, finaly someone commenting! lol

I'm not to sure about the grill as i got it from a friend who worked at an import garage and he said he "aquired" it and that he had to have it sprayed....in all honesty i think the grill is real lol

was the the lip that wasnt.

One of my friends just got an ebay rep and fits suprisingly well to be fair!

Car looks great. I'm running Drag Cartel DIC cams in my FN2 and wouldnt really reconmend them. I've got less torque than an OEM FN2. TDI North's own cams look pretty good and seem to be getting good results, those are drop in and run on OEM valve train.

Car looks great. I'm running Drag Cartel DIC cams in my FN2 and wouldnt really reconmend them. I've got less torque than an OEM FN2. TDI North's own cams look pretty good and seem to be getting good results, those are drop in and run on OEM valve train.

Finaly someone who runs them! iv been struggling to get proper reviews! this shocks me osmewhat but good to know, what type of horse power figures did it return just out of interest? did they live up to there rep?
In all honesty i didn't know that TDi made thier own cam shafts for the K20 but i may well have to look into that!

Was toying with the idea of just going for DC5 cams but for the money and hassle i think you can just achieve so much more for a little more! What other components do you run dude? Header, exhaust bore size and intake etc??

Haha cheers chris :)

I think alot of the US forums are full of hype! The cams make great peak figures but the torque is pretty rubbish. Less than FD2 / DC5 / TSX cams. On my car with a J's Racing 60RS exhaust, J's Racing FX Pro 4-2 manifold with decat, J35 TB, RRC and Tegiwa intake on TDI Norths Dyno I made 250BHP. I'll have to try and find the graph so you can see the torque. I'm sure you'd make more with the EP3 as the exhaust manifold is a better design but personally I didnt think it was worth the cost of the cams and labour.

Loxy on here runs the TDI North cams and he got a really good peak figure and loads of torque, worth checking out.

I might have to PM him then and have a quick chat, im suprised by your figures though! God damn yanks! Its not even like you have lame parts surrounding it! bet it sounds amazing though! :)

I think im only about 5 or 6 bhp short of 250 without the cams now at the fly! :eek:

cheers for that though dude, you may well have just saved me quite abit of money and ****ing about :)

I might have to PM him then and have a quick chat, im suprised by your figures though! God damn yanks! Its not even like you have lame parts surrounding it! bet it sounds amazing though! :)

I think im only about 5 or 6 bhp short of 250 without the cams now at the fly! :eek:

cheers for that though dude, you may well have just saved me quite abit of money and ****ing about :)

Yeah its much harder to get power of the FN2 because of the exhaust manifold design, its tight! Plus my manifold isnt a true race header as its a shorty. I doubt I'd see a massive increase even if I did swap to a race header though.

Its worth chatting to TDI North, they tuned my car with the Drag Cartels so should be able to tell you what they are like....

Big fan of the smoothed front bumper and Mugen grill. Do you get any trouble from police with no front plate?

Damn, i realy am suprised by the performance they have given you dude when i have read so many rave reviews about them!

Helpful though cheers dude! i didnt realise the header was so restrictive on them!

Nope no problems with having no front plate, i live in the middle of know where to be honest dude and dont realy use my car and awful lot but if i do venture out anywhere i usualy stick a plate on, last thing i want is to draw to much anwanted attention to myself, just orderd a number plate bracket to so hopefuly after the weekend it shouldnt be much of an issue and can stay on permanantly, just dont want to mark the fresh paint lol I'm not one for being a "boy racer" anyway nowadays so that helps :)

Cheers though, i love how it looks. i need the spoiler and I would like a rear diffuser just to finish it off but at the moment i keep looking at differant Diff's and cam set-ups and the appearance is pretty much at the bottem of the list! :)

Back