• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gunk

Neily03 said:
Scousefella said:
I assume Halfrauds stock this?

Yes

Looks like a job for the weekend then. :lol:

The local Poles/Bulgars/Lithuanians/Estonians etc done a fine job cleaning the car - now I need to wax it and clean the bay.

Up for sale soon. :( :( :(

I don't rate it tbh. Its supposed to be the best. I must be using it wrong :? .

Spray it on. Leave for a while. wipe off. Right?

Yea right! Does naff all IMO

I'd rather use WD40 and a cloth thanks

I find the spray on Gunk good for a general clean. Spray on, give the sprayed areas a scrub with an old sink brush, followed by a sponge/cloth etc..

I then use my powerwasher to carefully blast the areas being cleaned (usually with the engine running).

Then dry off any water from the plastics etc... to prevent staining, and wipe down the dark plastics, and black pipes etc... with some Auto Glym Vinyl And Rubber (or simmilar), to give a good dark look.

I have heard of people using Wonder Wheels wheel cleaner on the unpainted parts of the engine block, the acidity is supposed to get the bare metals looking very good.

You can get good results with a quick scrub, or you can go for a full detail, depends on how much skin you want left on your knuckles!

smeg said:
I don't rate it tbh. Its supposed to be the best. I must be using it wrong :? .

Spray it on. Leave for a while. wipe off. Right?

Yea right! Does naff all IMO

I'd rather use WD40 and a cloth thanks

Im with you... never worked for me... other than staining plastics... WD40 or Duck oil on a rag for me 8)

An All Purpose Cleaning from Megs or maybe some Autoglym stuff would do well using a paint brush to get to hard to reach places. And instead of a hose, one of those pump up presurised watering canistors would be more controllable imo.

Carl - Clear & easy to follow guide here

Then use commonsense to do any extra you wanna

HTH's mate :wink:

SpaceMonkey said:
An All Purpose Cleaning from Megs or maybe some Autoglym stuff would do well using a paint brush to get to hard to reach places. And instead of a hose, one of those pump up presurised watering canistors would be more controllable imo.

Carl - Clear & easy to follow guide here

Then use commonsense to do any extra you wanna

HTH's mate :wink:

Cheers Lee. 8)

Scousefella said:
I make no promises. :lol:

That page was obviously written by an obsessive S.O.B.!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OK then, Scouse easy to follow version:

:arrow: Cover any electrical connections that look exposed with cling film or tinfoil.

:arrow: Then cover the engine with a fine mist of water using whatever you prefer

:arrow: Apply AG Engine degreaser or a All Purpose Cleaner (Small area @ a time works best imo)

:arrow: Leave to work, then work any hard to reach areas with a stiff paint brush

:arrow: Rinse any areas that have been worked with a fine mist of water

:arrow: Then use a sponge to soak up any excess water & then wipe with a chamois or towel

:arrow: Once all finished use AG Vinyl & Rubber Care

JOB'S A GOODUN :wink:

OK - engine bay looks alot cleaner but I will do it again tomorrow if possible - it started pissing down before I could get alot of the long term shizzle sorted, the majority of the dirt and muck is now gone. :D

Back