• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GUTTED.... Gearbox bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
well iv had my 55reg type r for 3 months and i certainly didnt expect tobe finding problems already

1st ...when we had the cold around xmas time i noticed one morning a pretty loud grinding/whining noise when i 1st started the car this has now happened quite a few times (it only seems to happen on ice cold mornings) ....this is the 1st noise

2nd ...while driving and i take my foot of the accelerator and hear a grinding/whining noise too , now last week a freind of mine said he could hear some kind of noise in the engine after a short examination we found out that when the clutch was pressed in this noise stopped

so now today i got my car booked into honda for them to look at it , after having it 4 hours they phoned me up and said that the SUSPECTED problem is early signs of the gearbox bearing and it will cost me a whopping 1600-1800 to fix

ok if this is the problem i will gladly pay the expensive fix as its my car an i want it right but my problem is what do they mean by SUSPECTED ???? do they mean it could be the gearbox bearing or it IS

also has anyone else ever had these noises if so was it your gearbox bearing ???

i just want to be sure that the bearing is the problem before i let honda take my gearbox appart if it could be somethin else

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back