• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

H22 engine in an EK

NickCTR

Moron
I have a friend with an EK 1.4 who`s about to purchase a H22 if he thinks it can be done without too much hassle

I remember reading of such a transplant in max power or fast car etc about 10 years ago. The civic was either an EG or an EK, a red 3 door. Does anyone else remember this? It fairly shifted, sub 6 seconds.

Anyone know of a guide online?

It can be done.

Pete had done it, hit silly speeds on gps and it went bang :eek: (Private road naturally...and i recall it being 168mph)

It can indeed be done - "easy" is not a word i would use though!

As Dynax has said, my good buddy Pete had one (silver iLS originally) which is still to this day probably one of the fastest and scariest cars i have ever been in. (Bare in mind Pete used to rally Rovers on the Emerald Isle in his youth!)

Alex had the engine originally in another EK, which of course made the transplant easier.

Shanwaz also an H22 EK (thunder grey one) and my buddy Si of Ghettofab had the ratted camo green one. Its a conversion getting more and more popular, so there are plenty of parts available to make it easier. Hasport make mounts for it, and i believe driveshafts as well.

Not the cheapest of things to do mind you!

Ahh the mini-me.

Essentially its putting a vtec head on a non vtec engine. Usually one of the 1.4 or 1.5 non vtec sohc blocks with a 1.6 sohc vtec head.

:cool:

chap over on the atr forums fitted a H22a7 (the atr engine) into a mini. fooking quick :eek: Got it running but had a few issues further down the line with it.

It seriously shifted though :twisted:

oocha! i bet!

he must have been sitting in the back seat when driving! the h22 is a beast and a half!

Back