• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Had it cleaned

I have been threatening my car with getting it detailed for over a year now, on Saturday I took it to a chap local to me :)

http://www.detailmycar.co.uk/

This was just a protection detail :)

I am very pleased with how it came out!

Here's how it arrived

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

First step was to use Chemical guys No touch snow foam to see if it could break down much in the way of bugs and grime

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

I didn't get many pics as I only had my SLR and didn't want to get it grubby but wheels were cleaned with AS Smart wheels and multiple brushes, tyres and arches scrubbed with G101 and a large wheel woolie.

Russ at Reflectology had sent me a sample of a pre-wash / shampoo / All in one cleaner to try out so I thought as the car was still heavily soiled with bugs and grime I'd give it a go as shampoo.

IMG_8172.jpg

Used with the usual 2 buckets and a lambswool mitt I was pleased to see it removed most of the bugs with ease, still a few bits to be treated with claying but generally it was a very effective cleaner with a pleasant smell and definitely an impressive cleaning shampoo so I look forward to hearing more on this.

After rinsing

IMG_8173.jpg

The car was then treated to Iron-X and as expected there was a LOT of fall out

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8194.jpg

The car was then taken inside to be clayed and dried off

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

There were quite a few stains and marks on the paint that I just couldn't bring myself to just wax over the top of despite this only being a protection detail so I applied some Poorboys white diamond via a 3M polishing pad to just restore some gloss and remove the stains that were deep in the paintwork

IMG_8198.jpg

Much better
IMG_8199.jpg

Exhaust also given a quick clean up

Before
IMG_8205.jpg

After
IMG_8209.jpg

The paintwork was then all sealed with FK1000p to give it some decent protection on those hard track days

IMG_8211.jpg

Tyres dressed with
IMG_8212.jpg

The finished results

IMG_8223.jpg

IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

IMG_8228.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_8224.jpg

I have advised the car would be even better with a bit of a machine enhancement but in the time given I was really pleased with how it came out, always had a huge soft spot for the DC5 and they still look as new now as they did nearly 10 years ago now!

Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a more complex tar remover, might have to give this a go as I'm nearly out of tardis.

****ing state of that!!!!!!

Great write up though, car came out spanking.

Iron X removes iron fall out that gets embedded onto paintwork which, they say, can create rust and shizzle like that. Smells ****ing vile, burns your nose, but great stuff. It doesn't remove anything else, just makes you feel better everything is out once you seal the car.

Beard, I would look at getting your car done by him (Nick) he is only down the road from you in Newbury.

That car looks fantastic. :cool:

It's actually made me consider wanting to get rid of my beloved CTR for one.

Back