• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Halo brake discs

Does anybody have any experience with halo brake discs? I bought my ep3 with mtec grooved discs and I find them awful.

Unfortunately brembo don't do a grooved set for the ep3, only halo do the C hooks and EBC do their own design, to which the latter is ridiculously overpriced.

I would be looking at this kit, halo C hooks with EBC yellow stuff pads.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Tia

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Considering the Yellowstuff pads are £95 on their own I'd expect the discs to be borderline garbage. You'd be better off sticking with OEM discs and looking into which pad compound would suit the use of the car (general daily / fast road / track toy, etc.).

Using that logic you could say the same about the solid brembos that are available for the ep3, they barely cost £100 so are still garbage by your logic.

Using that logic you could say the same about the solid brembos that are available for the ep3, they barely cost £100 so are still garbage by your logic.

Because they generally are for anything other than normal road use.

If your requirement is normal road use, just stick with OEM. If it's more than that, a £100 set of discs aren't going to be that good.

Back