• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hamp Filter

Soon I will be doing an engine oil change on my DC2 - Is the HAMP oil filter worth getting over the OE Honda filter?? A lot of people seem keen to use them, but what actual difference is there??

I have been quoted £19.98 inc VAT. for a HAMP filter & drain plug and delivery from Performance Solution.

Bear in mind, I can get the OE Honda filter and plug for pretty much trade price, as my GF works for a dealership (non-Honda).

So is it actually worth going for the HAMP??

Apparently the HAMP filter has a trick valve inside which increased oil pressure slightly.

I had one on the CTR & having one fitted to the DC5 saturday mate.

So I say yes.

I would go with Honda OEM every time to be honest I know a lot of people are saying HAMP etc etc but its just like a Unipart filter that you had on Fords / Vags etc etc

Its just a name that makes the parts under licence, I would always fit a Honda OEM Filter

The magnetic drain plug is a good idea, or just tape a magnet to the bottom of your oil filter, does the same job and is cheaper :)

Peter Pan said:
The magnetic drain plug is a good idea, or just tape a magnet to the bottom of your oil filter, does the same job and is cheaper :)

What a pikey thing to do.

Whats a magnet drain plug a few quid. :lol:

Andy

Back