• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Handbrake Recall

i received a letter few months back,so have u just to take the car down to ur local honda dealer's or wait till they send u out another letter telling u to bring the car down on a certain day:confused:

Don't do anything about the recall yet - dealers have been advised not to fit the new levers due to a cosmetic problem.

When that is resolved the dealers will be issued with adequate numbers initialy and then will be fitting them as and when the cars come in.

But if your car does roll away it might lead to a greater cosmetic problem!!:rolleyes:

Asked when I booked mine in for a service earlier in the week, dealer just said waiting on Honda advice............. nice to have the reason.

Looks like the fix has been released.

I received a letter this morning, saying I need to make an appointment with my dealer. There is also a note about fixing a dodgy lock at the same time.

There is also a note about fixing a dodgy lock at the same time.

Correct, they are being changed as the tailgate may fail to open. (Central locking).
There should now be enough handbrakes and door latches (and windscreen top mouldings and revised fuel flap springs) available to dealers so check with your dealer if yours is an affected vehicle and book it in, or pm me the chassis number and I will check it for you.

Back