• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Handling gone strange...

Ok, I've just returned from holiday and after driving my ctr for the first time, the handling has gone strange. My g/f drove the car whilst I was away but she says she noticed it a while ago but didn't think anything about it - she says she hasn't done anything to it either :?

Anyway, this is what it feels like. When I drive in a straight line, the steering tries to pull in either direction whenever i go over a small bump. The same happens when I brake. When I turn right, mid corner the steering settles but then when straightening up its like its trying to spring back straight. When I turn left it doesnt want to straighten up and the steering wheel will stay turned if I let go of it.

I have checked the tyres, pressures, and that everything is tight etc

It feels like the tracking is way out...but (assuming nothing has happened) is it normal for the tracking to just go out of alignment by itself?

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I know the steering is electronically assisted - could it be an electrical fault ?

Any suggestions welcome - my car feels horrible to drive!

Cheers, Owen

I would say, get it tracked you have probably bumped up a curb and knocked something out a little.

^^ I agree check for a flat happended on my old corsa had a rear flat and didnt even notice it, but any time I moved the steering wheel even slightly I was all over the road

Agree with pressure check.

On OEM tyres the CTR is partial to tramlining @ the best of times imo.

Neily03 said:
oztaylor said:
I have checked the tyres, pressures, and that everything is tight etc

I noticed that Neil, but sounds like tramlining to me.
Mine used to do if she'd been left standing for a bit purely down to minimal pressure drop in the tyres.

Back