• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

harnesses on standard seats

Kool IV just going to buy the harness see how it sits and either buy a harness bar or leave them in, been speaking to some people who have run them without harness bar and there fine ill see what their like when they arrive

The man comes up with the goods again, hats off Griffmiester :lol:

it's only ebay goods as that is what was closest to hand, I'm sure ctr-lib can do a thorough search now he knows what he's after.

seatbelts are the most important feature when crashing so you want it to be correct and SAFE!

Tbh I don't really like the look of running harnesses with the stock seats, the way the harness comes together going through the single hole and then having to angle apart again to go to the eye bolts seems to me to be asking for trouble in the event of a big accident.

How come you know this Des? Didn't think you were into harnesses etc.

I've had one or two fast cars over the years and I'm a member of a few forums.
Sometimes when I read things, I kinda just remember them. Sometimes weeks or even years later. It's kinda spooky but I see it as a gift ;)

I've had one or two fast cars over the years and I'm a member of a few forums.
Sometimes when I read things, I kinda just remember them. Sometimes weeks or even years later. It's kinda spooky but I see it as a gift ;)
:lol:

Tbh I don't really like the look of running harnesses with the stock seats, the way the harness comes together going through the single hole and then having to angle apart again to go to the eye bolts seems to me to be asking for trouble in the event of a big accident.

I wouldn't run the belts throuh the hole on standard seats as the belt would probably chop your head off in an accident, it would also be very uncomfortable. that's the reason for the support bar, It's holds the belts in the correct position and allows them to lay comfortable on your shoulders, it also stops the seat collapsing and doesn't compress your spine in an impact.

It's all a waste of money if it's just for road use anyway as after a month or so you'll be so sick of the restrictive, uncomfortable, fiddly, ball chaffing belts that you'll take them out :)

I wouldn't run the belts throuh the hole on standard seats as the belt would probably chop your head off in an accident, it would also be very uncomfortable. that's the reason for the support bar, It's holds the belts in the correct position and allows them to lay comfortable on your shoulders, it also stops the seat collapsing and doesn't compress your spine in an impact.

It's all a waste of money if it's just for road use anyway as after a month or so you'll be so sick of the restrictive, uncomfortable, fiddly, ball chaffing belts that you'll take them out :)

I don't agree Griff, sorry dude. The belt still has to go through the tiny single hole on the stock seats (you can't run the harness around the outside of the seat!) no matter where it attaches behind either to eye bolts or to a harness bar, therefore they won't ever sit flat and parallel on the occupants shoulders and will be coming to a point directly behind the head/neck

The support bar is purely there to create a correct vertical angle behind the seats, it does nothing to stop the wrong horizontal angle that would be created by using the hole on a stock seat.

don't apologise nick, every day is a school day for myself :). I didn't realise it is compulsory to run the belts through the hole.

I just think that running the harness around the seat is asking for even more problems :lol:

31Fv8au8AKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

these look more suited to fit the standard seat.

If your after the feeling of being strapped into the seat rather than the look then would a CG lock not be a very good and safe compromise?

Back