• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Has anyone got a guide to fitting gearbox insert bush/mount

I have had a look around and cant find one anywhere
I have just bought a powerflex gearbox bush and before i jump into fitting it i would just like to see a guide to make sure i do it right.

When changing bushes on my fiesta when i had it i just jumped into it and took hours then saw a guide and found out that i had done it the most time consumimg and complicated way :(

Just want to make it easier when fiddling with things like this as they can be a right pain

Cheers

Its a not so bad dude. I done mine today just done it as I seen what had to come off for access. Battery first. remove long fixing bolt then the 3 that hold the mount in place, it should now be free. Remove your air box if you have one... If your handy with your tools I'm sure you will sort it.....

Taylor

Just ordered mine today - thanks for the advice above. I'll take some pics to add to this thread.

It is quite simple to do. The only thing i found tricky was getting all the bolts back in
Its abit of a game getting all three in without fiddling or it not lining up properly
Might of just been me

It does need a guide really. I forgot to take pictures as i went along

I ended up moving the jack around and swearing alot but i found the best way was putting closest to you in first then moving the jack away and pumping it up then the furtherst away should go in. Then the other one is just fiddling untill it goes in

Worth while doing it. You get a rumbling cabin but its nothing really

Just had one fitted. It's brilliant. This and the energy engine mount inserts are one of the best things I've done to my EP3 (£ for gain)

Back