• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

has anyone heard or seen this before?

hi ctr owners.

iv recently joined the brotherhood and got myself an ep3. however after 2 days of having it iv found nothing but problems. firstly o/s engine mount bush cracked. secondly srs (edit) light is on but them problems are in hand.
the one thing that is really wierd is when i came to service it. went to remove the drain plug out of sump and ohhh....brilliant..... its been heat metalled on (at this point im guessing someone cross threaded it and decided just to bodge it on)

what do i do? do i try and drill and tap a new thread into the sump or do it try and find a new sump from somewhere?

thanks all, replies much apreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is wierd, mine was similar, noticed a slight oil leak not long after i got it, got it up in the air and the sump was a complete mess! when we managed to clear off all the **** he had used to attempt to seal it up there was a gaping hole where the sump plug should be. was a whole new sump for me unfortunately mate!

Don't jump the gun and buy yourslef a sump just yet though, there could be a chance to drill/tap out and heli-coil back to size.

@ mittan mine is exactly like that, very slight leak so just keep checking oil level before i drive it. when you replaced your sump do you need a gasket set or is it just silicone sealant?

@ hazz just been quoted 75 quid for a near as new one, is it worth a hassle trying the drill and tap method as isnt too bad price for the whole sump.

Well if you can find a tap and helicoil kit, some garages will have them, it's about 10 minutes of a job. It really depends what condition the hole is in once you remove your plug anyway.

i think it was just the sump, it was nearly a year ago now can't really remember and my local garage ordered it for me from Honda, sorry can't be more help. Thats a good price mine was a LOT more than that but then again it was a brand new one. Like Hazz says depends how bad the hole is, but if it was my car and i could get a sump for that price i would rather go with replacing it personally.

Back