• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Has anyone totally gutted an EP3 wiring loom?

Gents, I have a spare EP3 car loom here, complete. I was considering stripping every last plug and wire off it that's not needed.

My main problem is I'm aware some wires are things like shared earths. So removing a full airbag system for example could mean cutting through a shared earth for something vital.

I really don't fancy starting the car every few minutes whilst trimming the loom back... is there another way? I'd be happy to get a wiring track diagram and try and understand the full loom, label it up and trim it down accordingly. Is this feasible?

Any advice or experience welcome

Thanks in advance

I have thinned down a loom I haven't tried it in yet ***. There didn't seem that many shared earths when I stripped it out.
I have the Honda manual which has the full diagrams if you need.

If i remember correctly there is 8x G404 points on an Ep3 so by stripping a loom back of G404 wires you're not really going to gain anything

Thanks guys.

I'm aiming to remove:
- Airbag ecu and wiring
- Stereo wiring
- Aerial wiring
- Speaker wiring
- Entire door wiring (windows, speakers, central locking)
- Entire bootlid wiring (wiper, heated screen, central locking etc)
- Aircon wiring
- Cig lighter wiring

One nice feature is the door looms unplug very easily, no need to even remove the dash. That's just made that easier!

Back