• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hatchet Harry's NHB EP3 Type-R

thought i would start a Blog so i can keep track of my progress and get some comments/opinions on the way.

I saw the car advertised on Pistonheads back in Febuary so went down to Guilford to view it. Ended up driving it home the same day (before all the snow came down)

Heres a couple of the advert pics -

ctr1.jpg

ctr2.jpg

It was completly standard apart from LED rear number plate lights, HID's and Team Heko wind deflectors.

After 2 weeks of owning it i had a free afternoon and decided to give it a good clean. I was standing on the door shut giving the roof a polish listening to my mate mugging me off saying i was doing it for google earth when i slipped back and ended up breaking my right foot and tearing a ligiment which put me off the road and in cast for 7 weeks. i also i missed South Mimms - GUTTED!

Heres a pic with my mates Sport

photo1.jpg

and a couple of pics from Box Hill mini Meet which a couple of you attened/were meant to attend. Hopefully have another one soon if anyone is up for it?

boxhill.jpg

boxhill2.jpg

As you can see the stone chips are quiet harsh so thats on the list of things to do.

Since owning it ive fitted my private plate, Eibach ABP 30mm springs, Eibach camber arms and bolts and TGM MotorSport FRSU. I highly recommend TGM to anyone they know loads about Hondas and are very reasonable.

A pic after getting it home.

photo4.jpg

It had settled a little more now but havent had a chance to get any pics due to the sh!t weater.

and before Endless Horizion meet @ ace cafe a couple of weekends ago

photo.jpg

future plans (not in order/will get longer im sure) -

New Clutch as mine is on it way out. NEXT!
New brake set up, discs/pads/lines and fluid.
Hondata airbox mod with cold air feed and drop in filter until i decide to go for something else *cough* GruppeM.
some engine bay bling.
Stone Chips.
wheel refurb and new set of wheels with good rubber.
R8byb unsilenced B pipe or Spoon N1 hmmm.
Some Mugen bling.
New headunit as the honda one is whack.

i will hopefully have some more progress soon although holiday/ buying a house is something im trying to sort out currently.

Comments and opinions welcome.

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking car bud and some good plans for it. :smt023

Heres a pic with my mates Type-S

photo1.jpg
:

Had to mention this, because I have everywhere else it's been mentioned on here.

The Satin Silver car is a "Sport" 1.6. The Type S is a 2.0 K20a3 5 door EV1 chassis.

It just grips my shi* when people call a Sport a Type S. :lol:

Yesterday i spent some time working on the stone chips. I'm planning to have the bonnet and bumper re-sprayed at some point but for the time being I thought i would take a trip to Halfrauds and purchase a stone chip and scratch repair kit.

Not the best photo but you get the idea. Will try and upload some better ones soon. Although its not perfect and I will be giving it a second coat and a T-Cut, its 100 times better...

photo18.jpg

And a shot leaving my brothers house.

photo17.jpg

Nice car bud (it's almost identical to mine)!

I love the way these cars sit on the Eibach 30mm springs. I've done the hondata airbox mod and dropped in a spoon filter, you won't notice much of a difference. If you find a good way to feed in cold air, let me know!

Do you think the chip kits from halfrauds are worth the time and money? I've got stone chip issues too, but haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet. There's other, more fun, toys on the list before a bumper respray!

Nice car bud (it's almost identical to mine)!

I love the way these cars sit on the Eibach 30mm springs. I've done the hondata airbox mod and dropped in a spoon filter, you won't notice much of a difference. If you find a good way to feed in cold air, let me know!

Do you think the chip kits from halfrauds are worth the time and money? I've got stone chip issues too, but haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet. There's other, more fun, toys on the list before a bumper respray!

Thanks alot mate, your car must look good then!

Yeah im really pleased with the way the car sits, the difference in handling is night and day with the FRSU. I was considering coilovers at some point but ive already noticed issues with clearence as it scrapes on almost every speed bump.

To be honest every time I looked at the bonnet it was making me angry so i thought as it was sunny yesterday i would give it a go. personally, for what £12 or whatever it was worth it however it will never 100% unless it's resprayed. Sh!ty Honda paint.

I think ill do the Hondata air box mod on saturday and then from what ive read im going buy some ducting for it which goes from the intake to top of rad under the slam panel. I think Ebay sell a double insulated one though so it doesn't let the heat in from the rad. If not ill try something else...

looks mint mate :cool:
If i had this car i would upgrade the induction kit, manifold and full exhaust system. Finally a remap, which should push her up to between 225-240 bhp.

Cheers boys, my plan is to get the handling spot on then some power.

I try to keep it as clean as I can but there is a lot of swirls in the paint. In the near future ill get my mate who is a car detailer to machine polish the whole car but until then I will have to make do with a load of T-cut n elbow grease.

This evening cosidering it was hot i thought i would fix a couple of bits that were ****ing me off.

My passenger side wind deflector has never sat right and always comes loose and looks like its going to fall off, so another trip to halfrauds to purchase some stickers designed to hold number plates in place.

Im not sure if it will do the trick but thought i would give it a go, so far so good.

BEFORE -

photo19.jpg

AFTER -

photo20.jpg

Then I moved onto my headlights, they were slightly misted in places so gave them a going over with Autosol. I will do them again in the next few days but they are good enough for now.

BEFORE -

photo28.jpg

photo27.jpg

AFTER -

photo24.jpg

photo25.jpg

Then i moved onto my exhaust. I wasnt too bothered about doing this as I will be replacing it in the near future but again everything was out so i thought i would make a start on it, i used WD40, more Autosol and a scower.

BEFORE -

photo21.jpg

AFTER -

photo22.jpg

Then after this i though it would be rude not to give it another clean :)

photo23.jpg

photo29.jpg

Lastly another pic of the bonnet after using the chip kit, as i said previously its not perfect but alot better. Check out the reflection -

photo26.jpg

Your car looks excellent mate. As slag said on the last page, NHB are a real pain to keep clean. Mines full of stone chips on the front bumper and my headlights are looking a mess too, hopefully one day ill get mine back in a condition like yours. :cool:

Your car looks excellent mate. As slag said on the last page, NHB are a real pain to keep clean. Mines full of stone chips on the front bumper and my headlights are looking a mess too, hopefully one day ill get mine back in a condition like yours. :cool:

Thanks alot mate really appreciate it makes the sweat, blisters and foot all seem while :D. Yeah NHB's are probably one of the hardest cars to keep clean and the stone chips are rediculous. The chip kit was well worth it in my eyes though It didnt take too long and giving it a T-Cut after really helps.

The wheels and brakes really let the car down. Hopefully in the near future I will purchase another set of wheels, i cant decide if i want something like Rota Boost's or get a set of OEM wheels, either way they will both have fresh rubber fitted. The wheels are badly curbed and the brakes discs are corroded. Which reminds me i have also purchased paint capiliper paint. Im hoping to do this Saturday if im not too busy.

Fair play Harry mate.

Really liking your car - the little things are adding up.

You also done a good job on the bonnet son.

Keep it up.

See you soon

Havent updated in a while. Had new discs and pads fitted before christmas. planning on going for braided lines and either ferodo or EBC's at some point as im currently running a OEM set.
Also picked up a Spoon N1 system on saturday. Got a decent deal on it so couldnt turn it down.
Its so rediculously loud even though its mated to a OEM B-pipe. Sounds f**cking EPIC but you cannot get away from how loud it atchuallly is.
Going to leave it on for a couple of months and see if it grows on me any more but am already considering selling it LOL.
Heres a quick picture before it was fitted. I have got some videos if anyone is interested but once you have seen one video youve seen them all.

spoonn1_zpsde9eb6cd.jpg

Future Plans:
Coilovers:
New set of wheels, considering Rota Boost's as i dont really see them on many EP's but not sure if i want to as Rotas are very common regardless of what model you go for...
Gruppe M
brake upgrade as stated above.
Mugen wing

Also considering:
skunk2 inlet
70mm TB
toda or DC mani
R8byb b-pipe (spoon depending if i go for silenced or unsilenced)

c&c please!

LIKE! Much want for the N1! looks like it's in great condition.

If you like boosts but want something less common, how about Buddyclub P1s?

LIKE! Much want for the N1! looks like it's in great condition.

If you like boosts but want something less common, how about Buddyclub P1s?

Well if it does come off, ill drop you a PM and we can take it from there.

I think its one of the best sounding exhausts but i didnt listen to people when they said its really loud. Ive heard many N1 systems but i suppose it sounds 10X louder when you are the one making the noise, if that makes sense? I dont know how people can run straight through systems witha spoon backbox.

It wasnt in the greatest shape when i got it, was covered in carbon etc, but after 45 minuets with WD40 and some Autosol it turned out fairly decent.

I like P1's alot. Its nothing something i will be rushing into at the moment. Still considering a subtle look, OEM+ in some ways. I may well hang onto the OEM wheels and keep it sleeper looking (until i put my foot down)

I think its one of the best sounding exhausts but i didnt listen to people when they said its really loud. Ive heard many N1 systems but i suppose it sounds 10X louder when you are the one making the noise, if that makes sense?

I'm running an unsilenced b-pipe with a standard backbox, it's quite a good volume though I could probably stand a bit more... I do love the look of N1s. It's a tricky balance between making a good noise and making a bloody racket! You could always just put it on for weekends, Dr Jekyl and Mr Civic stylee.

I've been enjoying the sleeper look too, in my head it goes; civic..civic..civic..civic..RACECAAAR!!!...civic..civic..
Recently though I've been tempted with spoon blue wheels and one of these: http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/ep3_exhaust_Systems_.html

I should probably do some Hail Marys or something.

I'm running an unsilenced b-pipe with a standard backbox, it's quite a good volume though I could probably stand a bit more... I do love the look of N1s. It's a tricky balance between making a good noise and making a bloody racket! You could always just put it on for weekends, Dr Jekyl and Mr Civic stylee.

I've been enjoying the sleeper look too, in my head it goes; civic..civic..civic..civic..RACECAAAR!!!...civic..civic..
Recently though I've been tempted with spoon blue wheels and one of these: http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/ep3_exhaust_Systems_.html

I should probably do some Hail Marys or something.

I went for the N1 for the look of it. Its alot more sensible looking compared to a HKS for example.

The noise is amazing but there is no way of being inconspicuous.

A member on another forum said it might be because the baffles are mullered so may be worth a look to see if i can replace them to see if that makes any difference.

I think less is alot more to be fair. Ive seen alot of cars which have just a little too much done and just start to look tacky IMO. But modified vehicles are all about how the owner wants the vehicle to look.

Back