• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Have I Made A Mistake On V2 Advise Please

Hi Guys
After reading a fair bit on intakes, and bearing in mind I'm doing nothing major to my EP3 except cat back exhaust and intake, i decided to go with the V2 as i didnt want to take a chance on a CAI coz of the water issue or the Gruppe M coz of cost. Ive read on another site today that in virtually everybody's opinion the V2 is crap and you should just stay with the OEM box and do the Hondata mod.
Should i take the V2 off and do the mod to the OEM box or not ??. I know stuff like this is personal opinion but It's only my first EP3 and I'm a bit stumped.
I thought you guys would be able to give me a better answer
Cheers

The V2 will suffer from heat soak to a certain point because of its open cone in the engine bay but if you are only looking at an intake and cat back system it will be fine mate.
Hear they have a good induction roar to them so enjoy popping it in and out of VTEC, dont let people put you off a CAI though I have driven in some of the worst rain/snow I have seen for years and never had any problems at all, the only negative with a CAI is that because its positioned behind the bumper it leaves a gapping hole in the engine bay.

I had Typhoon before, it was fantastic on soundwise but performance wise it was rubbish when I changed mine to tegiwa, I felt different, I mean a lot especially the throttle response when I had my tegiwa.

If just a catback and intake , V2 would be ok IMO, or do the Hondata Airbox Mod.

It all depends on what type of driving you do. IIRC I dis see a test that stated the AEM peformed better after 15 minutes of running than the hondata mod, this was because the plastic casing of the standard airbox retains more heat whilst moving than the metal ram pipe. The intake temperatures whist stationary are higher with a SRI, but whilst moving, are significantly lower

Hope this helps

Hi Guys
Thanks for the input. I suppose if i was going again I'd go with the Tegiwa or a CAI but now ive bought it and its on the car i might as well leave it. As long as its no worse than the OEM, I'll accept that. I'll never do track days, only used on the road for work. The cat back DC Sports exhaust i had on a few weeks ago seems ok, sounds nice and the car seems a little quicker but that may only be coz of the sound. No other engine mods going to be done so as i said i might as well just leave it as it is. All i wanted to know really was would i be better off putting the oem box back on with the Hondata mod.
Cheers Garry

I fitted aem v2 to mine

Can tell there's more noise compared to when I had hondata modded airbox

Haven't felt any performance loss

Vtec sounds epic when it engages

Back