• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Having a big problem getting insurance.

cwatton89

Banned
hi there,

Im 21, buying a 30th ani ed type r, but my quotes are like in excess of 3 and 4 thousand pound. Anyone know any good insurance companies that can point me in the right direction.

P.s I have 0 no claims :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Bell have always been good to me when I had 0 NCB. In the same group are Admiral and Elephant etc.

I would say try some of the companies in the insurance section but I know Sky require 2 years minimum.

Wel i went to Elephant and with about 2 or 3 named drivers i got it down to 1841. Tried Bell just then and it said they had an error or something. Im slowly but surely loosing the will to keep trying!

You will struggle at 21 with 0 NCB as the ep3 has a really bad crash record at the moment from young drivers. I doubt you'd beat the 1.8k quote tbh.

The 3 I use sky, Adrian Flux & Chris Knott I think have age & NCB restrictions.

no its fully legal. i mean i (and my car) was put on a traders policy though his company..

and cwatton89 i would give Bell a call... there very cheap

no its fully legal. i mean i (and my car) was put on a traders policy though his company..

and cwatton89 i would give Bell a call... there very cheap

Ahh, I see. I thought you were talking about "fronting" for a minute.

Why is it considerably more expensive just for the 30th ANNI ED model? i really dont understand.. Theres no difference to the engine.

Why is it considerably more expensive just for the 30th ANNI ED model? i really dont understand.. Theres no difference to the engine.

It shouldn't be. My AE was the same price as any other CTR. It's you lack of NCB which is a Killer for you. I paid £1200 fully comp on my AE when I was 21. That was with 2 years NCB IIRC.

At the moment no one can beat my quote of £1350 with direct line (up 350 from last year :( ) thats with 8yrs NCB. Will try Flux and Bell next week as they're my only hope!

Bloody hell! I'm only paying £500 for the DC5 with 6 years NCB. It did go from last year, but I haggled with a couple of companies and got it down again.

What are you paing Hazardous?

seems location is a big factor too :( well the post code anyway. I have an L (liverpool) postcode even though i live in lancashire in a quiet little town but i tarred with the same brush as the people that live in the ***** areas of liverpool. Quite unfair if you ask me but thats the way it goes unfortunatly. I thought it was just directline ripping me off but they're all giving me silly prices. Hopefully it'll be beaten by adrian flux on tuesday

The 3 I use sky, Adrian Flux & Chris Knott I think have age & NCB restrictions. I know for sure Sky won't touch you unless your 25 with minimum 2 years NCB

You are right in saying that we wont insure this chap but our age criteria is not what you have quoted, we have insured EP3's for 21/22 year olds before

i was told that liverpool is the second worse place in britain for these 'set up' crashes apprently, that would explain my quote lol

Back