• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Haz's cars

It made just over 220, 223 i think... Only saw it briefly on the screen, 31bhp increase at 5200 rpm and plenty more top end rpm to play with. Feels much better to drive. Couldn't beleive how rich it was running either, so should see some much improved mpg if I can resist the right boot!

Here's the propper figures...223.3 bhp top end, 165lbft torque at 5300rpm (up from 155 @ 6500 rpm). Going try and get on the pc and upload some more pics later today, dyno print & RR piccy amongst others

Here's the propper figures...223.3 bhp top end, 165lbft torque at 5300rpm (up from 155 @ 6500 rpm). Going try and get on the pc and upload some more pics later today, dyno print & RR piccy amongst others

Is the aem CAI, supersprint B-pipe and k100 the only engine mods you've had done? Impressive figures if so. I've got an n1 backbox and aem CAI so possibly k100 is next on the cards if I don't get a b-pipe before.

Yea, they certainly are. Paul commented that it was a good engine and would probably make a few bhp more with a new filter on the CAI too :)

An update. Shock horror.

Just booked my car in at Eightspeed on the 8th (they quoted the best price vs TDi, and Grinspeed didn't get back to me - tough shizzle) for the following:

Major service
JDM Rear ARB (I feel dirty buying JDM) + rear drop links
HEL Braided Brake lines + AP 5.1 dot fluid
Exedy OE Clutch
Geo set up (changing to F-1.0 R-1.0)
Quaife ATB LSD :twisted:

Boom.

Just had clutch and LSD fitted to mine along with the SuperPro front bush kit. Kept having to remind myself that it's pouring with rain on the way home just now, as the grip levels now are so reassuring.
Suprised Stevie (Grinspeed) didn't get back to you. He's always quick to keep me informed with what's going on. i.e. letting me know when he's ordered parts etc.
Just a little over two weeks to wait then..

Yea I was tempted by the bush kit but it was getting a little too pricey, I need 2 new eagle f1s too.

How are you finding the bush kit effects steering feel? How much more rattley is it?

It's actually less rattley, probably due to the fact that a couple of the OEM rubber bushes were perished, hence the need to replace them. I also have some comfort back as well, which is good. All I need now is it to stop bloody raining so I can properly test it out, been wet/damp since I had it done.

It's actually less rattley, probably due to the fact that a couple of the OEM rubber bushes were perished, hence the need to replace them. I also have some comfort back as well, which is good. All I need now is it to stop bloody raining so I can properly test it out, been wet/damp since I had it done.

Ah so it's your fault it won't stop raining :lol:, I knew someone was to blame

Arrrgh lol so many things to buy, you've made me want the poly bushes now!

And yea shaenei, we're getting 4.5% on the EIS in march, and 3% rise with backpay to jan.

Actually got the news today that I should have got an extra £500 in bonuses from over the christmas period, but they had indeed miscalculated the sales figures. Good job I check these things :) I'll take that if it means a bit more rain :)

The quaife is epic. I've not got used to it yet but I can certainly get the loud pedal down much earlier in the corners. I'd recommend eightspeed to anyone.

Been off for a couple weeks and did a bit of work on the EP3.

Jazz washer jets - dissapointed TBH. They don't really mist as I was expecting them to and they also look a little bit cheaper/nastier then the OEM ones. Still, an improvement over my blocked up ones.

Tegiwa quick shift - circa 30% throw reduction. Simple, effective. I like it. (PS thanks shaenei for your instruction over the phone)

Skunk2 weighted gear knob - Lurrrrvely. Very pricey but I think it's worth having good quality parts when it's things you touch whilst driving. Not sure how much the weight helps when you have a quickshift on though, probably not a lot.

Tegiwa solid shifter bushings - AWESOME. Love them. Great mod for the money. Reverse is easier to select, 2nd feels much less notchy. They were a little stiff to begin with but they've worn in nicely now and give a really nice feel to the gearshift. Highly recommended. They are a PITA to fit, not at all hard, just fiddly.

And finally, against my better judgement - A Tegiwa front upper strut brace, and as I suspected, it does nothing. Absolutely nothing. It looks shiney though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice update! :smt023 those shift bushes are a major pain to fit with man hands haha I take it the body work is back to normal :)

Chop, yea bodywork is straight once more :) £700 including respraying my front bumpers which were stone chipped to death.

mfnick - IIRC the bushes were about £22 with the discount. You do have to destroy the standard bushes on the gearbox to get them out though, so there's no going back once you've done it.

Nice one, cheers.
Any reason id want to go back? Or do you just mean Im basically commited once I start changing them

No worries, I think it's an excellent mod, a great improvement.... but if I ever wanted to go back 100% OEM, I can't. That said, they're barely noticeable from looking in the engine bay so it's unlikely to effect resale price unless you have an eagle eyed punter.

Back