• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Head Lamp washer jets.....

Now i know that CTRs are fitted with HIDs as standard in some countries an they have washer jets fitted into the bumper for the head lamps i was think of fitting them on to the CTR myself could anyone tell me where to get jets from and how much of pain they would be to fit??

Craig

I would have thought you would need a new bumper because I don't think it would be possible to cut the existing one for them to fit.

The wiring comes from the same switch as the Windscreen wash.

paul.goffin said:
I don't think it would be possible to cut the existing one for them to fit.
Why not?
Just drill out the holes in the bumper.
Would be time consuming and hard though. Probably needs a lot of work to install the washer motors, electical wiring and routing hoses to a washer bottle.

Trung said:
paul.goffin said:
I don't think it would be possible to cut the existing one for them to fit.
Why not?
Just drill out the holes in the bumper.
Would be time consuming and hard though. Probably needs a lot of work to install the washer motors, electical wiring and routing hoses to a washer bottle.

Thats more at what I was getting at. It as the washers actually come out of the bumper it would be hard work to get it right.

A lot easy to fit a euro bumper with it already done, if you can find one.

craigiusmaximus said:
I thought the washers were fixed into the bumper like the ones on the clio 182 :smt017

No, they're pop-up one like VAG cars have. :wink:

Headlamp washer jets...

Has anyone had any success with sourcing and fitting the washer units? These are one item I could really do with as Im doing some high mileage motoring with my ctr and most of the roads are mucky all year round.

Back