• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Head Unit Fitting

This has probably been asked a couple hundred times before, but I can't find any links or pictures members have put up.
As the title suggests, my problem is in fitting the head unit. I'm looking to buy a new unit for the 55 ep3 but I noticed that where the old unit is to the left is a slant?! What bright spark thought of that, it's just a useless slant. and new units are all perfectly rectangular, are there any brackets or mounts you can buy to fit a rectangular unit into a slanted hole?! :confused::confused::confused:

ty for the link, but that talks about putting on a mount.
maybe i wasnt clear sorry, but i meant the top unit where the cd goes in.

=[Nubbie]=;482857 said:
ty for the link, but that talks about putting on a mount.
maybe i wasnt clear sorry, but i meant the top unit where the cd goes in.

Follow those instructions to take the console and the headunit is held in with screw on the side, undo those and slide the headunit out and slide your new one in using the same screw to refit. You'll also need an Iso adaptor for the wiring harness.

Also the hole behind the factory headunit is standard DIN size (rectangular) so you don't need any adaptor or facia. Just try it. :wink:

As per your pm earlier, im sure i could help you out if you need anything mate.

Think i even have some stereo fasias lying around spare you could have. Not the best of condition though. This would make it a nice fit like everyone else uses

=[Nubbie]=;483151 said:
omg thats perfect! ruff ure the man! :D
Happy to help, one tip I would recommend is once the gear knob is off tug at the bottom of the circle where the gator attaches to start.

You don't need a facia though. They're usually pretty poor quality and it looks much better without.

but without the facia wouldnt there be a gap? i havn't seen it yet but i would imagine it would be pretty unsightly.

I've got 3 of those fasias (black and silver, not perfect condition) and tbh i prefer it without (Like how mine is atm)

Back