• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlamp Adjusters?

Hey could anyone tell me where the manual adjusters are on the headlamp as i need to set mine for mot. 05 ctr, Cheers sam

You'll have two adjusters (can be adjusted with a flat head screwdriver) on each light, one for up/down and one for left/right. The adjusters are a white plastic sunk into a recess on the pre facelift, so I should imagine they would be fairly similar for the facelift.

So how do you adjust it then by sticking a small screwdriver in the small hole?? :confused:

Yep, that's about it. Just be careful when you're doing it though as the plastic is very soft and if you're not careful, you'll knacker it.

Can someone post a pic of their headlight so we can be shown exactly where the up/down adjuster is please

Sorry to drag up an old post. Does anyone know what sort of height you need to adjust the light beam to or is it just personal preference as long as you're not blinding on-comers?

Sorry to drag up an old post. Does anyone know what sort of height you need to adjust the light beam to or is it just personal preference as long as you're not blinding on-comers?

It's not personal preference. If your headlights are not at the right height the car will fail the MOT.

I used a car that had recently passed a MOT or one that has good night time visibility as a guide by shine the lights onto a wall and marking the level.

I can't even get close to finding the adjusters on my facelift.

I've found arrows on the top of the headlight housing but they have nothing near them to enable adjustment and are conflicting (one shows Up anticlockwise, right next to it another show Up being clockwise).

The pictures I managed to take show bugger all, do I need to pull the whole headlight out?

ontop of the headlight you can see the markers for adjustment, well next to them you should see a hole for a screwdriver. its pretty deep down, there is an adjuster wheel at the bottom of it.

Now I'm totally and utterly lost, found a cog like device with a bolt head on it but theres no way I can get any tool to it or onto it.

Heres the headlights, can someone draw me some targets or something?!

07042010882.jpg

07042010883.jpg

07042010884.jpg

07042010885.jpg

Thanks in advance

Cheers, now thats the one thats closest to the symbol that indicates left and right movement, is there another adjuster nearer the centre of the car for up and down adjustment or does the one you indicated do the lot?

Back