• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlamp bulb replacement

I was replacing the bulb on the headlight and the spring to keep it on has come off. Can someone tell me where it is supposed to attach to on the headlamp unit as it is awkward to get at. Thanks

there is a guide in the how to section on this , my advice is to have a look how the other side is held on , its a bit tricky to describe how to do it .

If it's an EP3 then the spring goes under the head of a philips screw. The end that has a sort of square bend on it goes under the screw head and the legs go over the bulb and under the slotted part on the other side.

I lost my temper when changing mine so hard to get at broke the bulb in half trying to remove it , think you will need to remove the unit to fix !

I lost my temper when changing mine so hard to get at broke the bulb in half trying to remove it , think you will need to remove the unit to fix !

I also did this when fitting HID's to mine. So when I change bulbs now I just remove the bumper and headlight units to fit the bulbs.

I did this a couple of weeks ago when I fitted new bulbs and ballasts. Only takes around an hour to do and it is so much easier.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the advice. I managed to get the spring back on eventually. You would think Honda would have invented an easier way to remove and fit them. Let there be light!

Back