• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight Adjustment Motor - Prefacelift

My passenger side headlight adjustment motor has been knackered for a few months now, if I was to obtain a new headlight would I need to replce the whole light cluster or can I just swap the motors round, I haven't had too much of a look at the area around the light apart from to pull the power from the motor. Also if the whole light has to be changed is it just a case of swapping them over or do they have to be levelled off in a special way?

Not sure if it helps, but I had problems with the motors on both headlights and both times, Honda replaced the whole headlamp under warranty.

I had both of mine done under warrenty and they replaced the whole headlight as its a sealed unit. :wink:

IIRC its a bumper off job and afterwords you'd need to get the alignment checked with the proper equipment (your honda dealer or any MOT test place should will be able to do it) :wink:

yeh thats great if ur car is still in warrenty

alot of people have 51,02,52 plate cars that are out of warrenty

Black R said:

A lesson to be noted perhaps..

Buy extended warranty!

If the motors are bolloxed just ignore it as long as your headers are adjusted right. Who needs em anyway?

BigRed said:
If the motors are bolloxed just ignore it as long as your headers are adjusted right. Who needs em anyway?

Mine broke about six months ago, try 247spares.co.uk, they are getting loads of crashed civics in at the moment, iirc is was £100 for two.

BigRed said:

When it comes to MOT time, you'll find out exactly who needs em :wink:

adelphi said:
BigRed said:

As long as they are adjusted right that's a pass isn't it......I may be wrong :lol:

BigRed said:
adelphi said:
BigRed said:

As long as they are adjusted right that's a pass isn't it......I may be wrong :lol:

When I did my last MOT, I saw the guy playing with the adjustment control on the headlight. Maybe it's me, but I'd rather be safe than sorry 8)

adelphi said:
BigRed said:
adelphi said:
BigRed said:

When I did my last MOT, I saw the guy playing with the adjustment control on the headlight. Maybe it's me, but I'd rather be safe than sorry 8)

I reckon he was just being nosey :wink: The MOT test says just that they work and are corrctly adjusted.

Black R said:

Me has news for you....

Honda did a re call on all of their pre facelift cars, for a new headlight or motor, not sure, but i took mine in and they did it, my car was not under warranty at the time...because it was a factory re call they have to do it for free.

There was a site that you can put your details into, like your reg and Vin Plate number and it tells you wether your car needs to go to the dealer!!, but i cant remember it, it may be worth getting in touch with Honda. :D

vin Petrol said:
Black R said:

Me has news for you....

Honda did a re call on all of their pre facelift cars, for a new headlight or motor, not sure, but i took mine in and they did it, my car was not under warranty at the time...because it was a factory re call they have to do it for free.

There was a site that you can put your details into, like your reg and Vin Plate number and it tells you wether your car needs to go to the dealer!!, but i cant remember it, it may be worth getting in touch with Honda. :D

Nice one mate. I think this is the website:

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/cars/qasPUD.jsp

Back