• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

headlight adjustment

It,s going in for it,s first MOT on the 13th,is it a failure if the adjustment is,nt working

regard ozzie

Cars due for an mot tomorrow so I'll report back if it passes as my adjusters don't work on my scoob ('cos i changed the ***** bug eye WRX lights for STI's).

I thought it was only a fail if the lights don't shine at the correct spot. It' just depends what position your lights where in when the adjusters broke I suppose.

Mine passed this afternoon :D just glad I didn't have to waste a few hours switching the lights over then back again.

I thought it was only a fail if the lights don't shine at the correct spot. It' just depends what position your lights where in when the adjusters broke I suppose.

Correct :D

Ozzie, If your car is just under three years old you are still eligible for a warranty repair.

Nope, didn't want to mention anything before or after, just in case ;) :lol: and the garage didn't mention anything either.

Correct :D

Ozzie, If your car is just under three years old you are still eligible for a warranty repair.

I already had the lights changed under the warranty in january off this year the problem i,m having is i can hear the adjuster motor running but don,t have any level change,and i can,t understand why they would have gone again so soon

not sure to be honest. As mentioned above, just make sure your light beams are level, i.e not shining at different heights (park in front of a garage or wall) to check. If they are not then they may investigate a little deeper.

Just to add that mine failed the other day due to one of the number plate light bulbs was blown! :eek: Passed me after tho when the bulb was found to be loose in its socket. :D

Car went into dealers for it,s 1st MOTand service,because it,s still under warranty untill the 24th of this month mentioned to them about the headlight adjuster not working they manually set the headlights so it would pass,
then booked me in for a full diagnostic check on the electrics

Also looking through the invoice they added £15.00 for petrol additive,
They said it gives better fuel effiency,i,ve always used optimax/v power
lets hope it has,nt contaminated this

Car went into dealers for it,s 1st MOTand service,because it,s still under warranty untill the 24th of this month mentioned to them about the headlight adjuster not working they manually set the headlights so it would pass,

Also looking through the invoice they added £15.00 for petrol additive,
They said it gives better fuel effiency,i,ve always used optimax/v power
lets hope it has,nt contaminated this
Should have demanded the £15 back! You didn't ask for it so you shouldn;t for it! :x :x

Petrol additive is total bollox!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Demand a refund unless you authorised it.

Picked the car up from dealers having been there all day for it,s diagnostic check,they were unable to find why the adjuster was working and the headlights not moving,they have even sent the diagnostic readings to honda uk the only thing they came up with either there was a break in the wiring or they tried to say i must of had a bump in her,anyway it,s going back in next week for about 2 days so they can check through the complete wiring system

Does anyone have an exact idea of where your lights should point?

I have just fitted new lights and need to get them pointing around the right direction until i can get it into an MOT station to get them set right.

Thanks

Does anyone have an exact idea of where your lights should point?

I have just fitted new lights and need to get them pointing around the right direction until i can get it into an MOT station to get them set right.

Thanks
I adjusted mine the other day, as the adjuster motor blew when they where pointing down. Just get another car and point the lights at a wall or similar where you can mark the hight level (you want to be about 4 meters/strides away from the wall.) Mark on the wall where the other cars lights shine and match up. Simple. Might not be MOT correct, but at least you'll be able to see in the dark again!

Back