• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight bulb advice

I've changed my sidelights to some white LED ones, but now the standard headlights look out of place. I don't want HID's, just a simple nice bright bulb that improves on the standard headlights. Any suggestions?

I use Osram Nightbreakers but they are not close enough to a white LED. I'm sure the Philips Blue Vision Ultra lamps will be more on par with a white LED :)

H4 is what you need for a pre-facelift as it has both full and dipped beam in the same bulb.

Thanks nelly, I've just ordered some from eBay for 6 pound, they should last too because I had the same ones in my bora for over a year. Fingers crossed. halfrauds prices just make me upset.

Don't bother. It won't be bright enough or last long enough.

OK well I have just ordered some normal H1s - I understand LEDs may not be bright enough for dipped headlights but surely LEDs last longer than filament bulbs?

Back