• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

headlight bulb annoyance

Hey, i was wondering if it is possible to put a headlight bulb from an ep3 i upside down. ive a feeling its a stupid question as ive never had this problem before and this is my second ep3.

i recently changed my drivers side bulb and for some reason it doesnt seems anywhere near as bright as the one i took out or the passenger side thats currently still in.

this for me is a problem, i hate having uneven light shining and only seems to be my passenger side light actually lighting up the road, the one i put in is as if its facing the floor so wondering if the chimp that served me at the motor store has sold me a bulb from a tonka toy or if its something that ive done.

any ideas?

Could you have pushed it out of alignment? They're a bit awkward to get your hand to properly. Are you sure it's the same bulb manufacturer because I try to keep it Honda on both sides.

No I think it was just some cheap rubbish the store gave me, guessing you go to Honda for those bulbs? I may have knocked it out of alignment when trying to get the metal clip on, it's Defo a pain changing that side bulb. I also read the post with someone having similar problem, I'll try what he done and change the bulbs around to see if the problem follows the bulb, his was a connection issue. Hoping mine is the same, not a task I'm fond of on these cars

Yeah it might be a placebo affect but I had problems with non honda bulbs so stuck with oem and they've been fine. Also I changed them in pairs just to be sure. Yeah the metal clips are fiddley i struggled with them.

Osram nightbreakers and a small mirror to help verify that everything is seated correctly.

My OS bulb was dimmer after changing both, swapped them around and now both are equally bright. Probably had a bad connection.

Back