• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight help (facelift ep3)

Is there another way to adjust the headlight beam without using the incar control???

I've noticed that the beam on the wifes car is very low even tho the in car adjuster is on its highest setting.

Cheers

There should be some aiming adjusters on the top of the units, via which one can tweak with a philips screwdriver.

Facelift lights have several adjusters.

Dip beam has up/down which can be adjusted by turning the end of the motor shaft (which is quite tight to turn).

Left/right is via a cog which can be adjusted using either a philips or large ish flat head screw driver.

Think full beam has both height and left and right too but i have never adjusted mine.

So both high and low beams are both seperatly adjustable yes???

Christ what a pain in the ass its gonna be to try and get all of them nice and level lol

do you have to take out the headlight cluster to change the indicator bulbs and side lights? and how do you do that?

So both high and low beams are both seperatly adjustable yes???

Christ what a pain in the ass its gonna be to try and get all of them nice and level lol

If yours is a facelift then yes they are seperate (dont know about the pre-facelift although at a guess will be one for low and high beam).

Not too bad too do, park the car on the flat near (2meters ish away) a nice big wall and adjust. Found it best to place a rag over one headlight at a time and adjust the other so you can see what you are doing with one at a time.

do you have to take out the headlight cluster to change the indicator bulbs and side lights? and how do you do that?

Not sure on changing indicator bulbs, might be the same as sidelight bulbs which are changed by undoing part of the wheel arch liner and reaching in to the rear of the headlight unit. Think its in the owner manual you get with the car.

Regards Chiffs

Back