• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

headlight washer

ok guys anyone know where i can get the headlight washers to fit a an ep3 i dont know if the crv 1's would fit or not as ive got a spare front bumper and though about fitting them as am running hids now with my facelift front lights thanks in advance

I wouldn't bother fella, more trouble than it's worth. You'll need the larger water bottle and all of the plumbing too.

Some Euro EP3s had HIDs and washers as standard, it was a legal requirements in some countries when the EP3 was in production, if you are dead set on it. A friendly dealer who can search the parts database might be able to help.

If you're thinking washers will make the HIDs legal, they won't as you don't have auto self-leveling lights.

I've got hids on my ep3 with no washers and it's always passed MOT

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I just took mine to an MOT centre. Always have for the past few years

Aye mine passed at a Honda main dealer with HIDs. Passing the MOT and getting stopped by plod are two different things though.

I've had the old bill stop me, at night for speeding and they've never questioned the hids. But I think that is because the facelift has projector lights so the hids look natural.

was out last night passed traffic a few times and also ended up following them and they didnt do anything running 6000ks must be becusae the beam pattern is spot on got them set to legal hight etc, as for the washers just wanted to do a little mod :)

think im the only one on here thats had a £30 fine for them. also 6000k and projector lamps and set up properly.

Osram nightbreakers will do me now though lol cheaper without fines.

think im the only one on here thats had a £30 fine for them. also 6000k and projector lamps and set up properly.

Osram nightbreakers will do me now though lol cheaper without fines.

Sorry, I should have quoted.
Do you have a preface?

Sorry, I should have quoted.
Do you have a preface?

Aye but I have facelift headlights. £30 fine but police wasnt sure at first but handed me some leaflet that said they were illegal.

Probably bored cause I see alsorts of older cars and the reflector lights with them.

I'm really surprised to hear that. Sorry mate. I phoned VOSA when all this hids business was started and the bloke said to me that there is no way for an MOT centre to test the brightness of a bulb (lumens) and that as long as the beam pattern is correct and bulbs work, it'll pass.

Back