• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

headlights not working

I have a CTR GT (fn2) which got delievered on friday an i all ready have a problem. After a
couple of days with the car i have realised the head lights aren't working!! The side lights, fog lights an full beam are working fine even in auto mode. As both head lights aren't working i am thinking its the fuse. Has anyone else had this problem? Does it sound loke the fuse?

This leads me on to the next point which is according to the manual the fuse for the headlights is in the interior fuse box, but where is that??

any help will be great

Check both your fuseboxes. It might not necessarily be the headlight fuse that's causing the problem. In my experience, the most obscure fuse failure can give off strange and misleading symptoms.

Both headlight failures could only be a few things.

If the full beam/sidelights/fogs are working then that would suggest the common earths are good.

Are the bulbs twin filament on an FN2?

It's not unlikely that both bulbs have failed at the same/similar time.

My wife's both failed within 2 days of each other.

If its not the bulbs, fuse could be a possibility but I'd have thought that potentially the Lighting circuits may well be on the same fuse??

If it is the fuse, then why has it blown. Something to think about.

Where did you get it delivered from? A trader? If so call them up, they should fix it.

Bulbs are single filament H7s.

They are about £10 from Halfords and the passenger side one is a pain to get to because of the battery and intake pipe from the wing. Not impossible without taking bits off the car, but definitely awkward. See here.

So it would be much easier to check the fuse.

The internal fuse box is under the steering column. If you kneel down outside the car and lean into the driver side footwell and look up you will see it, although there is a panel to take off to get to it and it just pulls off.

It is part #4 on this diagram, and I've arrowed the location on the car.

B__1312.jpg

Some of the fuses are tiny, but there is a fuse puller in the fusebox under the bonnet that you can use to easily get them out.

Have check'd the main fuse for the headlights an it was ok an so was the fuse for each side (each headlight has its own 10A fuse). If the light bulbs are stocked in halford i will see if i can get there after work tomorrow an get new ones, i will let you all know how it go's but i do feel an angry call to the dealership i got the car from

Not yet with working days an the weather as bad as it is, may have to wait till Friday but it is my next step

It's real easy to check 1 of the bulbs, like 3 minutes work, you could have this fixed tonight or early tomorrow, pretty much every garage sells h7 bulbs.

I still can't get my head round why you haven't checked the thing that actually makes the light?

sorted, two new bulbs and one angry call to dealership an they are paying for them so does anyone have any recomendations for the best (most expensive) bulbs available?

Back