• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headunit Installation help

Its brand new. So are you saying... get rid of the supplied (top picture) cable and buying the ebay one?

I had just imagined the top picture cable going into the HU, then into the adaptor which seems to be what you need then mentioned in this thread, then into the car.

i think it will be the easiest solution to you're problem to get a harness that has the block connectors on it from the headunit

aye that will work. if it was me i would have cut and crimped the alpine one to the one that connects to the car harness but if you are not in a hurry you can buy the one you posted from ebay and it will all connect up nicely

aye that will work. if it was me i would have cut and crimped the alpine one to the one that connects to the car harness but if you are not in a hurry you can buy the one you posted from ebay and it will all connect up nicely

I've tried the one from ebay and connected all up but now the back up fuse in the engine bay blows when I try to turn it on. I guess the next stage is to crimp the alpine one like you say and try that. Its a shame as i was hoping it would be easily remedied!

it sounds like the one from fleabay has the 12v and earth the wrong way around on the plugs that go to the car harness if the fuse keeps blowing i would have thought.
any chance of a pic of the plugs that meet each other?

Back