• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

headunit with rear aux in?

my headunit has developed an intermittent fault, where for some reason the front left channel has a failure and no audio is played through.

i was just wondering if anyone can recommend a headunit which has an aux-in, but on the rear?
everything Ive found so far has the aux-in on the front, but I dont want un-tidy cables running to my iPhone etc

any help appreciated :)

Double Din units seem to have rear aux-in more often than not. Mine is a JVC KWAV60BT.

Has a rear USB in that you can run straight to the glovebox or if you plug in the iPhone USB will reach under the cup holders in an EP3.

thanks mate, will look into it :)

trying to stay clear of USB inputs as Im not a massive fan of controlling iPhone via the headunit, I much prefer to control via the iPhone iteself :)

just found a USB to 3.5mm jack cable, so hopefully should be able to get around that :D

On the model I mentioned you can choose to do it from either the head unit or the iPhone itself. You can even use the apps on it ie Maps - even games etc, but they would require an extra to do it.

You can also change the illumination colours of the button, screen etc.

Back