• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heat shield rattle

I've got a heat shield rattle on the on the bit that's just after the cat.. Towards the back box was wondering if taking it off would cause any problems? If it was the one near the fuel tank I probably would leave it on.
thanks

I had the same mate. If its the piece right at the back. As in you can touch it if you go under the car from the back?

If so just rip it out. You don't legally need that piece in this country. I ripped mines out takes a bit of pulling but it comes. It was a total pain when windy as all i could hear was rattling. If you can secure it back in with bolts then go for it, but if it is like what mines was with all bolts rusted and gone then just yank it mate.

Yeah that's the one actually got my car up in the air now so gonna rip it out been driving me nuts.. Thanks for the info an advise pal

maybe there is another bit hanging off mate.
did you pull one whole bit off? It's about half a metre maybe a bit more?

Is it the heatsheild or the undertake that's scraping?

Yeah mate The whole thingI can tell it's just catching the floor under slight load..
The sound is not that tiny sound it's more of a thud. I mean I could be the bore size coz it's a 2.5 inch I think m2 spoon style in silenced cat back... But I'm pretty lost as to what to do about it..

Might be an idea to get a couple bolts and try put the heat shield that's hanging down back on mate.
If it's on ramps you'll be able to see it fairly easy. The bit you pulled off is fine that's defo not needed.

There's a putty thing you can buy from halfords it blends on to metal and turns into a type of concrete. I have some somewhere but cant for the life of me think what it's called haha
that stuff may also be a shout just to secure it on. They use it for exhausts so it's pretty good.

Hmm may have to have a look in Hal-frauds lol the heat shield is completely off thinking I need some kind of high temp rubber to absorb the knock or try an get it to sit slightly for clearance hmmm complicated lol

Back