• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heated seats and gear stick gaiter/bag.

HI i jsut bought this car three weeks ago, and before buying it i didnt check the heated seats worked. got it home a nice 142 miles journey later to find they didnt. So i did the obvious and checked the fuse, none there so i put one there, still nothing working!! Im pretty sure ther is heated seats on it because the buttons by the gear stick and there cables going to the underneath of the seats and a load of gubbings underneath. Any ideas on why they arent working?? i havent got to do anything first before they work have i??

Also i want to change the gear stick gaiter bag becuase its looking a bit tatty. Some one tell me how please??

I've never heard of a FN2 having heated seats. Any chance of a picture of the switches?

The replacement gaiters can be bought from Ebay. I'll copy and paste a how to in a few minutes, I'm just putting dinner out.

Hi thanks for the quick response and the how to!

Here is the picture of the of the switches
IMG102.jpg

It does say in the manual that some models have the heated seats???

Sorry didn't see the reply!

When you replace the gaitor check the switch connectors behind the switches are still plugged into the back of the switch.

The connector came off the back of my cigarette lighter, so if it Can come off that, it could come off the switches, especially if the centre console has been removed for some reason.

Could always be that the centre console has been replaced with one with the switches on and there is no wiring or heating elements in the seats! :lol:

Heated seats aren't availble on the FN2 so that's why they don't work....

The wires under the seats are for airbags and seatbelt sensors.

Heated seats aren't availble on the FN2 so that's why they don't work....

The wires under the seats are for airbags and seatbelt sensors.

Didn't think they were. My first reply was along those lines.

Never seen that in any FN2. They look aftermarket

You can get them on the EX with the leather option.

My money is on the centre console being swapped out with one from a model that had them originally.

Back