• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heater blower not working!

Hello. Yesterday my heater blower stopped working, it was working fine before and suddenly it won't switch on at all. I have read the service manual and performed self diagnostics, the flashing code that came up said it was a problem with the blower motor circuit. So I have performed some tests and find that there is voltage going to the blower motor but the motor isn't working. The manual says to change the motor, but just to make sure I wired it directly to a 12v supply and it spins up!

There is power coming from the connector to the motor, I've checked it with a multimeter. And the motor works when connected directly to a power supply. But when I plug the motor in it doesn't work. I'm stumped, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok it appears that it may be the power transistor, but the manual is asking me to test it, yet it is behind a large rectangular metal box. I'm stuck again, can I take this box off to access it?

How do you do the diagnostic test?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

You'll need to follow the steps in the service manual, it's fairly straightforward. If you don't have the manual just Google Honda Civic EP3 service manual, you should be able to find a link.

Looks like just 2 bolts securing the transistor in place on the side of the heater unit (Part B)

Hey, thanks but I should have said I've fixed it now, I was just replying to redcivic when he asked about the diagnostic.

It was the transistor in the end. I bypassed it after finding a fix online, it's working perfectly now at all speeds. Although I'm going to get a replacement part soon, I'd rather have things standard. Thanks for the help!

Back