• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

heater failure

can anyone help please,as of an hour ago my heater has stopped working on my 52 plate civic type r,the fuse is ok,any suggestions urgent help needed ,thanks.

Hi thanks for your reply,it was working fine,then just stopped,nothing on the switch inside car,could it be the relay located under the bonnet?

I have checked the relay,the fuse, the fan motor,all are working,could it be the actual switches,if so how do you remove the part,thanks..

I took the relay out of mine and put it in another civic the same as mine ,and that heater was working...

I also took the relay out of the other civic and put it in mine and still nothing,Could it be the actual switches?if so how do you get them out ,i know it comes out as a unit,do you have any pictures/diagrams that i could follow..

Take the gear knob off (not necessary but easier if you do), then put your hand in where the gaiter is and pull at the silver plastic and it should come off. Once the bottom bit is out you can slowly work on pulling the top part out.

If you get stuck it looks as if TDI North in Warrington aren't too far from you and I'm sure they'd help, if not Grinspeed aren't that far either.

It was the resistor thats sits behind the ecu, behind the glove box...I think it was the power resistor..£20 from scrapyard so not broke the bank!

Back