• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heater Fan/Blower :(

Over the past few days its been raining very heavily and I'm unable to clear the windscreen effectively. I believe the heater/fan resistor has gone but I wanted to know can it be repaired or is there a thread with clear instructions on how to remove and replace? Any help would be much appreciated ! This is my work car and I use it daily so I really need to get it sorted asap!

*On the other hand, I can feel the heat coming through when im driving often but its not got enough power to clear the windscreen*

If you have air con use that. Also your window shouldnt really be steaming up unless you got wet floors/carpets

I'd open the windows as this seems to clear the windows quicker if you dont have air-con. Other than that I can't help sorry fella.

Your heater blower resistor has gone. A little bit of air will still get forced through at high speeds, as there's more pressure there, and it's not the actual heating element that's broken. But don't mistake it for your blower fan working!
I just did mine and the actual resistor is expensive at £80, plus labour, which was about an hour.

Sorry mate!

Just wondering if this is the problem ive been having, a while ago the heater seems to have totally stopped. as you mentioned a small amount of heat comes thru but the fan that blows the air seems to have totally packed in? meaning that it is now impossible to clear the windscreen etc, would this be the same problem do you think? a broken resistor?
cheers

Almost definitely Peter.
Any decent garage should be able to run a diagnostics test on it first to make sure.

ahh thats a relief, thinkin that it was a whole new heater unit needed i checked it out and was told a new heater unit would be in the hundreds of £'s :(
thats a great help, cheers!

Back