• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heater motor fault

Hi everyone just got into my ep3 after a little warm up the heater has packed in. Iv checked the under bonnet fuse, this seems to be ok.

Any clues on what it could be!

Thanks taylor

Check if it has failed at all speeds, if it has, it is likely to be the motor, resistor pack faults usually knock out some but not all speeds. Unless it has failed at the input of course. My dodgy sketch may help....then again, it might not.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
You missed the thermal fuse bud, which is the common fault that causes the failure.

Fix is a new resistor pack.

It is quite common.
Happened on my DC5 too.

Well yes I did, but it being at the input (which is kind of what I meant) I kind of redeemed myself! One thing, unless diagnosed, it is a bit much to say it definitely is the thermal fuse at this stage. I would add that in the absence of you producing a diagram as top-notch as mine, my answer is better than yours 8):D

Oh, you can (if it is that) change the thermal fuse with a bit of soldering.

I agree it's not ideal to diagnose it as the resistor pack immediately. But from experience it's very rarely the motor itself.

If I was on my laptop, I'd have lifted you a copy of the wiring diagram.. Alas, I'm not.

Yep, fair one mate. I have little experience of faults on this car as I didn't keep the CTR for that long from new. But I agree it seems highly likely that it is what you say if it's a common one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back