• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HEATSOAK in hot weather!!

Well basically, I've noticed on a really hot day when I'm driving locally my car seems to be really sluggish, and on a cold day it seems a lot more quicker and responsive, or even when I'm on a long dual carriage way or motor it goes a lot betta as there's more cold air, but soon as I be in traffic for a while or parked up etc car seems to be slower. And o yeah I have a crappy k&n typhoon! Shall I go back to the oem airbox, or AEM cai? Will the AEM be much better than standard? And will standard be better than my k&n?

Thanks

i think you know the answer to this as you have noticed the problem with the typhoon.

failing that search it as there's loads of info on this if you have a look.

up to you, its your car bud, if you want to read up on it like i said this has been covered a lot so a quick search should answer any questions you have.

You should try running a turbo'd car in this weather.
Just been to Halfrauds and mine was positively guttless :(

Well basically, I've noticed on a really hot day when I'm driving locally my car seems to be really sluggish, and on a cold day it seems a lot more quicker and responsive, or even when I'm on a long dual carriage way or motor it goes a lot betta as there's more cold air, but soon as I be in traffic for a while or parked up etc car seems to be slower. And o yeah I have a crappy k&n typhoon! Shall I go back to the oem airbox, or AEM cai? Will the AEM be much better than standard? And will standard be better than my k&n?

Thanks

Please avoid using text speak or unfamiliar shortening of words.

Thank You.

AEM CAI is the best option for money, however i'd go back to the OEM box personally; i'm running an AEM V2 and its pretty awful. I kinda need to put the OEM back on but i don't have the time at present.

My itg never seems to suffer heat soak thats noticeabe. The carbon airbox gets very hot after a drive,no wonder you guys with open cones suffer heat soak this weather.

Back