• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hello...and please....HeLP!!!!!

Hy hello guys, glad i found this information epicentre!!!!!

So had a civic from 6 months old 05 type r, went travelling for a bit recently, came back and it started first time, so i have now been driving it for the last 4 months no worries.

Until last night, a strange knocking noise from the left hand side, top of the engine...

I have taken it to the Honda garage here in Bristol, as was met with, aaahhh seems like the chain has stretched/skipped...

So after expressing an interest in them doing it, i was met with a price (imho way to overboard £240 plus vat) and a waiting time of 2 weeks...

So my question is...

Does anyone know anyone in Bristol, which maybe able to the timing for me?/ sort the chain?

Thanks

Anthony

If they're going to replace the chain, tensioner and guides that's a bargain. I'd want to see a breakdown of what they're actually doing to it though.

I did troll through that earlier, hence i am now here :asw:, but i have no engine light dome on, just a tappy noise....

He thinks it may have put the 3rd valve slightly out, hence the reason it clears at high revs and only makes noise between 2 and 4.5k revs.......but this is way above my level of understanding, give me a rover v8!!!!!

Thanks

Anthony

From Bristol you are an hour and a half drive from TGM. It's all motorway miles so you won't be VTECing away.

I'd take it there personally.

I sont know if i would want to risk driving it for 1.5 - 2 hours straight run on a motorway if i am honest.

But thank you

Anthony

Where abouts in Bristol you from? Try Elm Road Garage in Horfield. They are a good garage and Ive known the guy that owns it for years. Mine is going in next week for brakes and exhaust to be fitted. Ive got a basic code reader i could plug into it if you want.

Wee thread bump there, over a month since the OP posted his beef. Oh and welcome to the forum btw. :)

Did you get this fixed in the end Anthony?

Back