• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hello guys, my first Japanese car (JDM EP3 Race car)

So sorry to hear about the bad news, But in two weeks time im sure you will have a full race weekend :)
I guess thats just life. This season was always meant to be a test for my assault on next years championship, I just happen to be in such good shape I'm already trying to win races when all I'd planned on doing was taking it easy at the back and letting the guys play the season out....
The fact there is money up for grabs for each race too might have something to do with me trying to win as well :)

Hi guys,

Just an update to let you know I WON! :D

I qualified second after getting pipped by a lotus exige by 0.2 of a second, and the start of the race was delayed by an hour after a car dropped its oil from Turn 1 to 6.
While we were waiting for instructions to go form back up on the grid I sat stewing in the pits, surrounded by friends all laughing and joking and all i could do was sit down and try not to hurl! The nerves really did get the best of me sitting there.
but managed to "BANZAIII!" into turn 1 with a late dive on cold tyres and brakes, fortunately I was able to hold him off until the tyres warmed up and we passed the oil that was left on the track earlier in the day.... from that point on I was on one!

I managed to pull out a 14 second lead and was driving the wheels off my little EP3 because I had a fuelling issue that I knew could finish me off at any moment so I wanted to build as big a gap as possible to give me some room to play with. In the end the car broke as soon as I came off VTEC after the finish line. I barely dragged it to the pits and it has been misfiring ever since, its possible I cooked the valves with it leaning out on the corners due to fuel starvation.

Thankfully the prize money will more than cover the rebuild so happy days!

As an idea of how hard I drove it, here is what happened to one of my wheels
20140525_000409_zps7914aa0c.jpg

....(I was braking so hard and late I melted off the paint!)

Pictures to follow tomorrow

I shall post up a link when the video of the race is released.

I was pretty emotional in the interview given after as I'd just realized a lifelong ambition and goal (how would you feel if you won your first ever race and it was a round of the BTCC?!) so I'll hope you'll forgive me for that.

Full race video here.
[video=youtube;jT2-FymZRu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT2-FymZRu0[/video]
IMG-20140526-WA0012_zpsd20f3fa3.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0011_zps06721647.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0016_zps4db25571.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0017_zps0f54544c.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0025_zps3a82a7d3.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0034_zps746b846a.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0048_zps3fd826bc.jpg

IMG-20140526-WA0052_zps888cb272.jpg

Anyway, hope you like the pics! New Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator and Gauge on order, and it is off to the mechanics tonight some time.

HEY YOUUU GUYS!
I'm still here, just resting in the off season, here's a quick update for you,

I managed to win the last 2 rounds of the season (by 14 and 22 seconds!!) and I also took the Rookie of the Year prize for the championship.

Needless to say winning by 22 seconds raised a few eyebrows and the rest of the pitlane are currently busy removing B18c's and installing K20's!...(seriously!)

As for me, well the wheels I melted the paint off have gone off for painting in Dubai and I've got an increasingly large collection of parts I need to install to try eliminate the jerking/stuttering the car is doing when I hit kerbing at speed. Thankfully most of the things are easy to do but the temperature here at the minute is delaying progress (its 45 celcius or more every day here at the moment).

The new season starts in October and we are currently waiting on the new seasons rules. Some of the drivers have requested the rules change to be Power to Weight restrictions rather then stock 2.0 at 1100kg, 1.8 at 1000kg and 1.6 at 900kg as a result of my winning by so much and it has been made pretty clear that if it goes ahead I'm going to have to add a **** load of weight or detune my car to make the much lower power to weight ratio being proposed...which kind of sucks but it's not been accepted yet and the local FIA authority don't like making changes as it means they've more work to do in both ratifying the rules and in monitoring they're followed.

Back