• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hello To all & Which R to go for?

Hi to all I'm thinking of buying a 2010 Civic Type R in the next few months but not sure
Which one to go for , I'm after no more than 30k on the clock, so should I go for a R GT ,
Championship White or Mugen a must is the LSD Sat Nav or be good too
So which would you go for ???

I have a late 09 S2k at the min and a tuned Smart Brabus Roadster which I'm going to sell
to part pay for the new car . The Type R is going to be my winter car and carry on using the
S2k in the summer

I've had many Jap cars like 480bhp Evo X FQ360,Evo 8 (410bhp) Super TT (420bhp) Nissan S14a (280bhp) and on

Here is the Smarty

Welcome.

Nice S2k btw, I have seen one or two of the smart roadsters before but never moving. :lol:

If I were you, wait till the launch of the new CTR, will likely see a slew of well maintained late model FN2's pop up preceding and immediately after the launch.

If I recall, the late models all came with LSDs? Beyond that I can't help much.

How was the Evo X? Any pics?

They were mad both of them both would get you to 60 in 3.5 secs
the X I spend around 20k on as with all turbo cars you just keep
pushing for more power I was running an HKS roller turbo in the
end it came on boost around 2400rpm plus I had the Alcon 6pot
15,5" brakes just those to mods cost over 5k
i just got t a point and say d I can't carry on doing these and went
for the S2k
the Brabus is pushing out 120bhp and good for 130mph it's great
fun but there isn't any point in having to 2 seaters saying that there
is far more luggage space in the Brabus over the Honda :)

Do you find your Smart is waterproof? I had terrible problems with water ingress when I had my Roadster, it needed £3k worth of re-wiring when I sold it.

I fitted new seals around the roof for peace on mind but never had
water find its way in ,my one is one of the last cars made and had
all the updated seals fitted anyway
it's coming on for 10years old but only has 29k on the clock
Ive also had it mapped intake done ARB and 4 pot brakes ice
and other stuff to :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mugen 200. I feel like I'm popping up all over the forum saying the same thing, but that's because it's flippin' amazing. :)

I'm hoping the limited numbers will help future residuals over standard FN2s, but I'm sure once the new CTR lands it'll be worth peanuts. Unless there's a surge in people wanting the classic VTEC over the new turbo.

I fitted new seals around the roof for peace on mind but never had
water find its way in ,my one is one of the last cars made and had
all the updated seals fitted anyway
it's coming on for 10years old but only has 29k on the clock
Ive also had it mapped intake done ARB and 4 pot brakes ice
and other stuff to :)

I had a few bits done to my Roadster; remap, intake & s/s intercooler pipework. Plus some CF bits and ICE
The water ingress was ridiculous, if it rained while you were driving the water would come in where the wing mirror is and if you got into the car after it had been raining, you always got a shower.

It's also the only car I've ever owned where it would get ice on the inside of the windscreen!

I think its going to have to be the Mugen 200 the more I look at them the more its going to have to be one
I'm thinking Feb next year I need to get xmas out the way first

Ha, also just noticed the INME CD too. Used to listen to Overgrown Eden on repeat at Uni.

I'm a big InMe fan I had Dave the from the band do a gig over here in German for me a few years ago and have meet the band
3/4 times now there a great under rated band

Back