• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Helmet Required ?

Do you have to wear a helmet at Santa Pod if you go over a certain speed, thought I remember tp mentioning something about 100mph

Friendy said:
Do you have to wear a helmet at Santa Pod if you go over a certain speed, thought I remember tp mentioning something about 100mph

Yes.
If your terminal speed is over 100mph you have to wear one.
You may get away with it the first couple of times but they will twig and make you put one on. :wink:

Friendy said:
Cheers Paul, will bring one with me just incase I get upto 100mph

You'lll be needing a parachute to slow down at the end let alone bash hat! :lol:

They never bother to be honest, I have seen cars cross the line at 110+ and they didnt have helmets on to be honest they really aint fussed.

Take it just in case though you never know

Tarticus said:
They never bother to be honest, I have seen cars cross the line at 110+ and they didnt have helmets on to be honest they really aint fussed.

Take it just in case though you never know

They stopped the racing and made me get out of the car and put a hat on. They dont seem very consistent but if they are having a purge better take one just in case as it says about th e100mph rule in the entrance forms, signing in and on their website.
as Tart says...better safe than sorry having paid to race then banned. :(

They stopped the racing and made me get out of the car and put a hat on. They dont seem very consistent but if they are having a purge better take one just in case as it says about th e100mph rule in the entrance forms, signing in and on their website.
as Tart says...better safe than sorry having paid to race then banned. Sad

Ahh crap I need to buy a helmet then :)

Tarticus said:
as Tart says...better safe than sorry having paid to race then banned. Sad

Ahh crap I need to buy a helmet then :)
Not yet you don't :p

Mines only just over a tonne so should be ok :D

Carl

Tarticus said:
Not yet you don't Razz

Mines only just over a tonne so should be ok Very Happy

I do Ill borrow yours Carl :)

:lol:
Don't forget your "L" plates then Pete.
Remember what happened last time you borrowed someones car to do a run? :roll: :lol:

Remember what happened last time you borrowed someones car to do a run? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dont need Carls car my own will be fine :p

just need to lend his Helmet as ill be way over 100 MPH :) well I hope so anyway, but prob wont be till after Japshow unfortunately

Tarticus said:
Remember what happened last time you borrowed someones car to do a run? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dont need Carls car my own will be fine :p

just need to lend his Helmet as ill be way over 100 MPH :) well I hope so anyway, but prob wont be till after Japshow unfortunately

Hope it works out ok and you get it done this time.
Mines going in on the 26th so will be ready for Shakespere on the 2nd.....Just as long as the clutch turns up or it wont be going anywhere. :roll:

MrZippo said:
whats a good helmet to get?

Any! Can get a open face one for around £70 no point in spending £££ on one if you use it 2 times a year!

Back