• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help / Advice Please? Strut Movement?

:mad: Hey guys, I have today had my Service & MOT done at Honda today which it passed the MOT and everything is fine. However I had a noise coming from the front of the car which I have posted other threads about before which has been bugging me.

The Noise

Front of the car Forwards or Backwards braking or just jerking the car forward as in YOU as the person moving in the car seems to cause this metal plate sound like 2 plates hitting each other. I get noise from the front also when full lock left or right parking forwards or backwards.

What Honda say: "Nearside front macpherson strut has slight movement at the upper attachment"

Now if this is the case then what would you suggest being the best way to go about it, clearly I am not going to have Honda repair it but I had some Honda Warranty and they said it might be covered under that which OK if it is fine ill do that but not then.... I don't know I am a bit blinde in this side of things.

Advice / Help on what you think I should do as if I need to change anything id like to upgrade it to give me performance.

Example: Coilover Kit? Would this sort out everything I am looking to fix and give me a nice performance and look upgrade!? :confused:

Replace the passenger side front top mount.

Cheap, and the problem according to honda.

Yeah does sound like top mounts mate, as per other thread.

You can get a set of MeisterR coilovers on thr forum (new) at a very good price. You'd obviously need them fitting, and setting up which does add to the cost so bare that in mind.

I think TDI north quoted me around £300 to supply and fit honda top mounts, but then your strut won't be brand new..

Hmmm well my friend would be doing the fitting anyway he has his own garage so that's not so bad! I want it sorted but going to see what he says this week when he has a look anyway see what direction to go in! Ill let you know what we find out!

Hey guys, I found out the noise in the end! Was the Brake Caliper Slider Pins changed all 4 on the front brakes and I don't get that noise now :)

£50 online but I had a nice bit of discount from the guys I use in Honda and had them for £36.00! :D

Hi mate old thread I know but I'm getting this noise, was it a high pitch noise? And happens randomly? Cheers!

Hmmm was more of a clunking noise my problem. However I changed the Brake Caliper Slider Pins on the front (4X Bolts) and its not been back since?

High pitched noise from the engine? I have had some noises like that when the engine been running before and like you rev it and it seems to stay there for a bit then randomly goes but randomly every few months comes back it don't sound like anything wrong just a high pitch noise I had before.

Back