• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help and advice needed fault code p0138

I have an 05 plate only modification it has is the K & N typhoon kit. This has been on for a couple of months.
Yesterday engine management light came on and code reader said " 63-2 p0138 ".
This I believe relates to a lambda sensor. I take it this means the sensor needs replaced. Is this the REAR sensor as looking on ebay there are front and rear sensors.
Is the car safe to drive like this? The car drives as normal.

Any advice/help greatly appreciated.

The rear sensor is prone to failing, I can't say for definate that code is for that sensor though.
Get it changed as soon as you can, however, non genuine Honda sensors don't seem to last as long apparently but genuine Honda sensor is around £200.

thanks for replying. According to fault code list it says secondary sensor high voltage. I was looking at a NGK sensor on ebay. I take it you would advise against that

I got a ngk for my old one and was fine. Im still in touch with the new owner and hes had no problems and uses it everyday

Mine was the rear. I did think about changing both but after i done the rear one it was fine

ok thanks. Really looking for if somebody could confirm this fault code refers to the rear lambda sensor.

It's the rear, use Honda sensor's only, all others are more prone to failure.

Back